Golfer new to Glasgow looking for partners

12 posts / 0 new
Golfer new to Glasgow looking for partners

Hi all,

New to Glasgow and looking for a game. Rusty single handicapper, happy to play with all levels. Sociable and flexible as to one off games or a more regular fixture.

All the best

Hi, mate. I noticed you got no responses. Thought it best to at least try and help. Although an interesting forum this is, it is in essence a niche forum, with not large numbers of contributors.  It is unlikely that you will get a game from here because of the lack of traffic. I am hoping that this is not the only forum you have posted on. You stand a better chance of achieving your goal on some of the other more active forums. Hope you have had a look at them 

Hi John.  Whereabouts in Glasgow are you.  Where have you come to Glasgow from?

james42 wrote (see)

Hi, mate. I noticed you got no responses. Thought it best to at least try and help. Although an interesting forum this is, it is in essence a niche forum, with not large numbers of contributors.  It is unlikely that you will get a game from here because of the lack of traffic. I am hoping that this is not the only forum you have posted on. You stand a better chance of achieving your goal on some of the other more active forums. Hope you have had a look at them 

Give people a chance James.  It was only 6 hours and then you put him off.  People do work during the day but instead of encouraging people on here, you say it is a 'niche' forum and then suggest they go elsewhere.  Poor lad never had a chance. As someone who was also new to Glasgow at one time, I am quite happy to help the gent out,

It's a fair point, but I think he will check everywhere he has posted at some point. There might be other reasons he has not posted again. I doubt he is that sensitive 

He's responded to a PM from but you shouldn't set yourself up as the gatekeeper for the forum.

You may interpret it as that, I don't. I say it as I see it like it or not. 

james42 wrote (see)

You may interpret it as that, I don't. I say it as I see it like it or not. 

Ah yes.  I forgot.  You're one of those.

Hi James, Robster kindly got in touch with me for a chat, which has been helpful.  Are there other forums you would recommend? Always looking for a game

Hi John.  I returned your message but not heard anything from you.

Hi John.  Ignore the above.  I've just seen your message and responded.

John, if you just google UK golf forums you will come across a few. Before you post have a look at the amount of traffic (posts and replies on a daily basis). This will give you an indicator of activity. Good luck