The GM Forum is Alive & Kicking Summer Meeting

369 posts / 0 new
The GM Forum is Alive & Kicking Summer Meeting

Date:   Wednesday 24th June 2015

Venue:  John O'Gaunt Golf Club, Beds.

Cost:  £52.50pp*

Coffee/tea & bacon bap; 18 holes; ham egg & chips

*this is the worst case price, I'm trying to negotiate a discount as a member.

I'll sort out deposits once I've got a better idea of numbers so for the time being just sign up below.

Interest so far from:

Tim E
Bridgey
4 (aka Pasty)
Taz
Funky
Nifty

Be rude not to, put me down Tim.

I'll be there and pencil Jnr subject to confirmation. not sure if I can play (fingers crossed) but I'll be there

@ SH

" Not sure if i can play"
you'll be in good company

Here's wishing to good health to you, and all the regulars on GM - to the lurkers and Johnny-come-latelies, up yours

I do my best to be there

Bridgey, i know I can't play but what I mean is that after my cancer stuff and the removal of my bladder is that hopefully I'll be allowed by the consultants to play and that I don't need any more "intervention". i will know more by the end of February when I get my scan and all that. being in good company has never been in doubt

SuperHacker wrote (see)

being in good company has never been in doubt

You sure SH, you do know Funky has signed up don't you

Hummmm! You got a point Yorkie

Three hour drive...looks like its a over-nighter....You got enough clothes Yorkster.

Mac1 wrote (see)

Three hour drive...looks like its a over-nighter....You got enough clothes Yorkster.

Will have to see what santa brings

I knew exactly what you meant, SH - just injecting a bit of levity into the proceedings! ????

Initial interest. Yes please. But that is the time we usually go on holiday, so wouldn't be able to confirm until the spring probably.

Put me down 

Updated list of interested parties: Tim EMrs EBridgey4 (aka Pasty)TazFunkyNiftyYorkeySuperHackerSuperhacker JuniorIanNick CookTom 333

No promises as I'm likely to have ahouse move to plan for next year but certainly interested.

tom-333 wrote (see)

Put me down 

That's the longest drive comp sorted...

Interested here, but can't confirm right now as I will have been back from hols about 5 mins, and will need to clear it for work just in case anyone else has booked it.

Haha! I doubt it! But I'll take the compliment !

I will be on show , Oi dime bar is it another box of Bertie's finest being put up for grabs?

Bedfordshire? Its not "grim up north" ye kna !

Add me please Tim

Funky wrote (see)

I will be on show , Oi dime bar is it another box of Bertie's finest being put up for grabs?

Of course monkey boy  

Does this mean you won't be competing for the True Blue Shield?

Crazyface wrote (see)

Does this mean you won't be competing for the True Blue Shield?

Not in the slightest CF, the more golf the better mate.

Have you set a date for that, CF? I thought it was in August, when you can guarantee decent weather...........

Yup August again. Probably the 10th. I predict a very hot sunny August next year !!!! 

I'll be back. 

Not Sundays!

Put me down for it.  A mere 6 hour drive from Glasgow.

Just had a look at the course planner!  Its quite tight!  Lots of irons and 3 woods off the tee me thinks!

tom-333 wrote (see)

Just had a look at the course planner!  Its quite tight!  Lots of irons and 3 woods off the tee me thinks!

For which course Tom?

Just picked a few randomn holes from both tracks Tim. I'm sure its not as bad when you're stood on the tee

I'll be fine - will have played the tightest, toughest course in NSW just before this. Just what I need as my accuracy is sh!te at the minute. 

Interest list update: Tim EMrs EBridgey4 TazFunkyNiftyYorkeySuperHackerSuperhacker JuniorIanNick CookTom 333Alan MillsKentishMiss WhiplashRobster

Another update: Tim EMrs EBridgey4 TazFunkyNiftyYorkeySuperHackerSuperhacker JuniorIanNick CookTom 333Alan MillsKentishMiss WhiplashRobsterLatin DancerPaddy K    

Looking good lads - and lasses.

PayPal instructions early in 2015, my good man!

Er....there's a couple missing off your superstar list...

no Mac, I've looked and I'm definitely in 

Sorry Mac, I didn't spot your "I'm in" post. Who else am I missing?

^^ CS

..with his chipper!

They've had to make cuts to accommodate the save feature ha ha!

FFS  OK - look - I was a badass by calling the techies and crew here - quote "d!ckheads" and I got banned for it and subsequently apologised. However, as I was, in a former life, a qualified 'assessor' - and as I always pride myself on being objective and correct in my assessments of others. Could anyone offer up some other single word that would suffice as a fair assessment of the capabilities of those in control of this site? Please - pretty please      

Incompetent.

Isn't that  - "An inept, foolish, or contemptible person" ?  

If you are not logged in, you can only see the first post in each thread. They've lost the hyperlinks to scroll backward and forward.

Looks like someone has put the headers right,  Replies and Views in the Threads section but has screwed the pages format. Test, Test, Test Then release beats Release then F'up, F'up, F'up

Knit one, pearl one, drop one then watch it unravel  

Oh Dear!!!!!!

Pages