And so ends Hacker2Hero: Race to PING...

AP
01/03/2012 at 12:14

And so with the beginning of March comes the end of our latest Hacker2Hero run…

Thanks for all of you who took part in the competition and kept it to the spirit in which it was intended.

H2H was a lot of fun and an important experiment for us here at Golfmagic, from which we have learnt a lot about our readership and members. And in it, some 15 of you got to win some very good prizes indeed.

AND THE WINNER OF THE HACKER2HERO: RACE TO PING GRAND PRIZE IS...

Congratulations, Yorkey. You’re a credit to this forum and you’re a thoroughly deserving winner. You will be invited to PING HQ in the near future to be fitted out with a full set of the latest PING clubs, as well as playing a round at Gainsborough Golf Club and getting a tour of the PING factory – a prize bundle worth in excess of £1,500!

I will email you to discuss further details.

RUNNER-UP

Congratulations, PaddyJK, who wins a GT2 electric trolley courtesy of Stowamatic worth £500.

AND TAKING BRONZE

Congratulations to Chris Tandy, who will receive a GolfBuddy World GPS unit worth £300.

And there's still some monthly prizes to give away! Here are the winners for February...

Cheers Big Ears - who wins a PING G20 driver and some Srixon balls to hit with it.

Tiger Wes - who will receive a Rife rainbow finish putter and a PING duffel bag

Tak - who has earned a PING travel cover and an iSpyGolf Exclusive card to use when he takes it for a test run

Iceman Dave - who will be kept warm in his new Sunderland golf fleece, and when he gets home can watch the 2011 Open Championship official film

BigEasy94 - who can wear his new Glenmuir sweater while reading Rory McIlroy's biography

Congratualtions to all the winners. Email me alex@golfmagic.com with your postal address and we'll get the prizes to you as soon as we can.

Congratulations to all of our Hacker2Hero: Race to PING winners.

It's been emotional...

AP
01/03/2012 at 12:18

We'd also be very interested in hearing your feedback on the competition, so please use this thread to congratulate winners and give your views on the scheme.

Constructive feedback only, please. We're all adults now...

01/03/2012 at 12:51

Congrats to the winners !!!

01/03/2012 at 13:04

Well what can i say? THANKYOU, many thanks to all at GM for sourcing such wonderful prizes, 15 GM members have now won some great golfing gear.

The competition has had it's many knockers but also plenty of people who were willing to join in the spirit that was intended. A few members have abstained which was there choice, but on the flip side new members have joined and entered into the spirit of the competition.

I for one feel the competition has been a great success, not only personally but for the forum as a whole, But I am sure there will be plenty of people along to disagree with this though.

As you say it has been emotional, my wife would also testify to this, once again many thanks to all at GM, members and management alike for joining in and running such a great competition.

PS. Did i say cheers Guys

01/03/2012 at 13:21

I have to admit it had some good points,

When I found golf magic it was originally to find reviews on a course, so if reviews have inreased then that will hopefully bring more.people here...

However what kept me here was the honest and realistic forum.posts.  Other golf sites suffer from 300yard 3 wood syndrome that GM doesn't.  During H2H, im as guilty as anyone, posts were made for posts sake and added little to conversations.  Many of the threads degenerating into repitition and agreement. 

On the plus side, interesting topics got many more comments faster than they normally would. 

01/03/2012 at 13:45

Just want to add my comments to those of Alex, who deserves great credit - and I've told him personally - for managing the scheme and playing a key role in sourcing many of the prizes. Thanks to our hard-working moderators who kept the series on the straight and narrow. Thanks mostly however to those who contributed the the sceme with their contributions, many of whonm have been rewarded by our generous sponsors.

While we gear up for another H2H campaign in the not too distant future, we are processing a new series of regular competitions for our members to take part in with superb prizes - a chance to make your point without actually gaining points - but still good fun.

Thanks again for helping to make Golfmagic the fastest growing, interactive golf forum. We look forward to your valued opinions - hour-by-hour, day by day. ED

01/03/2012 at 13:55

My thoughts - a great competition, well resourced and with fine intentions and mostly well run. Well done to the prize winners too, especially the top three, fully deserved.

I have one issue to air though: I feel that some people were arbitrarily penalised due to forum pressure or for some other reason whereas others, guilty of the same perceived offences, were not. The docking of points and the shifting in the order of the monthly prizes was a bit ugly due it's arbitrary nature and the lack of any explanations.

I also hope that the two mods were rewarded somehow from this as both of them have contributed during this period, especially McStumpy, but neither were apparently eligible for any of the prizes.

Overall it was great fun and probably achieved most of what it set out to but next time the discrepancies in adjudication could maybe be taken away.

Thanks all (and well done Yorkey, Paddy & Chris).  

01/03/2012 at 14:18
Congrats to Yorkey who is a thoroughly deserving bloke, couldn't have been won by a nicer guy. Congrats to the other guys too, enjoy
AP
01/03/2012 at 14:38

Have to echo the sentiments toward Taz and Stumpy - many thanks guys.

And yes, they will be rewarded.

01/03/2012 at 14:49

Well done to the winners.

Never gonna have enough time to contribute to the level that these guys do but guess that's life. 

AP, I've got some Inesis golf balls that you can give to Taz as well as a golfball monogram kit so he can put TAZ on them. 

01/03/2012 at 15:04

Yeah! Cool prize, thanks AP

Well done Yorkey, Paddy and Chris for your unswerving dedication, and to the other monthly winners.

Its been good to see new forum members onboard, and a shame that some of the old guard have vanished for 3 months, hopefully they will come out of hibernation now.

All things considered I think there have been some great threads and plenty of excitement.

Well done folks

01/03/2012 at 15:36

To be honest I'm delighted it's over.....can we get back to normal now?

Oh, and bye Paddy, I'm sure we'll hear from you in the future at some point.....

01/03/2012 at 16:19

H2H was a competition!? Awww nobody said 

01/03/2012 at 16:21
Well done to Yorkey and all the other winners, I think H2H was successful in what I started to do ie increase GM's use. Looking forward to next years race to the big prize.
01/03/2012 at 16:55

Well done the winners. Great comp and hope to participate more in the next one...time allowed

01/03/2012 at 17:04

Congratulations to all, just in time for you to get out there and test your new gear. Have fun and play well.

01/03/2012 at 18:28
Congratulations to Yorkey, fully deserving winner!
01/03/2012 at 19:19

well done Yorkey and thanks for your help on here. Much appreciated mate. Still cheering the Southerners on tho

01/03/2012 at 19:52

Well done Yorkey, what a superb prize.  And thanks to GM for a nice new putter.

I think H2H has gone quite well, yes we have had plenty of new threads and bit of posting for posting sake.  But we've also had a lot of good banter and those that have joined in the competition and managed to pick up one of these great prizes  Well Done.

01/03/2012 at 20:48

Well done to Yorkey, Paddy and Chris.  I'm really pleased for you and bear you no ill will

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/evil/210.gif

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb023.gif

You've put in a lot of time and effort to get the prizes and deserve them. 

I can't complain as I got a fleece, a DVD and some balls from the comp but if any of you top 3 lads want to do a swap.........