Jam Golf

07/12/2008 at 22:31

Just found this site that seems to be a link between Pro shops all over the country and us, the obsessed golfers who want to keep on spending money. For example, I found this which is a TaylorMade R7 Quad, brand new for £50.

I have found somewhere else to look at stuff I can't afford!!

07/12/2008 at 22:31
07/12/2008 at 22:45

Bought a set of brand new Srixon I701 irons from here for £280. Great deal but been waiting 11 days for them to arrive.

The site owner said there had been problems with the courier and gave me £10 credit for the site last wednesday. He also promised they'd be with me by Friday. I'm still waiting!

I'll hold judgement for now as it is a great deal. If they ever arrive!

07/12/2008 at 22:54
got a good deal on the burner though chris
07/12/2008 at 22:59

I'll find out - just bought a Taylormade Burner 2007, condition given as '***** Ex-Demo' which the website defines as Ex-display or ex-demo with minimal usage (hit fewer than 5 times). Could almost be passed as new.

The price - £69.99 plus £7.95 delivery. Definitely seems too good to be true, I'm thinking now I cannot possibly get a TM Burner in that condition for that price.

Oh dear

Either bargain of the century or a waste of time and money.

07/12/2008 at 23:00
Eh? How did you know that?
07/12/2008 at 23:08
nudge nudge wink wink say no more
07/12/2008 at 23:12
Ha ha You've freaked me out now, you're not in my house are you?
07/12/2008 at 23:17

sorry mate

i clicked on the burner driver and it said 'item has been bought by chris s' put 2 and 2 together and got 4!

let me know how you get on with jamgolf, i know GMAC isnt impressed with their delivery but prices are keen and im after a new driver

07/12/2008 at 23:22

I actually thought for a minute you were affiliated with the site and were watching who was buying what. That was crazy

I'll see how I get on. If I get a TM Burner in that condition for the price I can wait a little while

08/12/2008 at 17:25

Saw Jamgolf at the London Golf show.  Their stand was filled with Fake Callaway gear, so that you could see how easy it would be to buy crap on Ebay. The stuff they had on display was extreemly good, and even the Callaway rep at the show had trouble telling the real from the fake.

Jam were selling themselves as the good guys, sorting out the crap and only selling on the good stuff. Seemed quite genuine to me.  Good luck Geordiemac

Edited: 08/12/2008 at 17:26
08/12/2008 at 18:13

I used them a little while ago to buy a TM Burner TP. Service was good, came direct from the pro shop in the channel islands. Well recommended & cheaper prices than their competitors golfbidder.

Thumbs up from me

08/12/2008 at 22:30

Irons still yet to arrive. Paid on 27th November.

Last week they blamed the courier and said they had changed to another. Contacted them tonight and they say they will get back in touch after speaking to DHL.

See what happens!

09/12/2008 at 17:42
Oh dear.

Be interesting to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. Is it the fault of Jam Golf or the Pro Shop? Who does what?

My driver should not be here for a few days anyway, I'll see how it goes.
10/12/2008 at 17:29
Any luck?
10/12/2008 at 21:48

Nope,

They emailed me today. DHL have lost the package and are have been trying to find it. The site owner said that if no joy by tomorrow they will give me a full refund. I'll be glad I haven't lost out financially but it'll be tough to find the same irons at that price again.

14/12/2008 at 21:57
Any luck now?
14/12/2008 at 23:15

I paid for a TylorMade Driver on Sunday. It arrived Thursday. In terms of the delivery time, I was surprised as they estimate 5 days. So far so good.

However, what I was not so impressed by was the disparity between the rating and the condition of the club. It was advertised as 5 star which they say is "Ex-display or ex-demo with minimal usage (hit fewer than 5 times). Could almost be passed as new." The club has had a decent amount of use and has a small chip off the top of the head (can see at address).

Now, I am happy with what I got for £70, but I am not happy that the rating system appears to be lacking in accuracy. I have contacted the pro shop it came from who have offered a full refund if I am not happy, but I feel they are missing the point.

JamGolf is a good concept and I hope they can sort themselves out.

15/12/2008 at 22:04

They contacted me last Thursday and said the irons had been found by DHL at Southampton Docks???????

The site owner offered me a full refund if I no longer wanted them and apologised profusely.

I told him I'd still have them as it was the best price I could find. He then said they'd be with me by Monday (today).

Still not arrived!! If they are not here tomorrow, I'll just ask for my money back because it is get quite silly now!

If they do arrive, they'd better be brand new, as described!

Edited: 15/12/2008 at 22:04
16/12/2008 at 09:53

Geordiemac

Last time I had a parcel lost at Southampton by DHL it took DHL 2 weeks to declare it lost.  I kept watching the tracking site on-line, and they were found, then:  on the van for delivery, delivered -recepriant out (Bull-shit as I work from home, and was in all of the day they stated, and was watching the tracking, so knew it was on the van and was waiting for the delivery.), returned to base, on the van, returned to base, on the van, returned to base, dissapeared for a few days.... lost.

Southampton is one of their bigger sorting offices.  So I am afraid that I don't hold out too much hope for you.

Have you asked Jam for the tracking code at DHL, you might be able to track it yourself on-line.?