Outstanding problems

6 messages
DH
15/10/2011 at 08:03

Sean

Please see the last few posts in this thread

http://www.golfmagic.com/forum/golf-rules-and-handicapping/nearest-point-of-relief/41344-2.html#last

and your mailbox

15/10/2011 at 11:30

Have e-mailed powers that be

I flagged this up a couple of weeks back, I think it's called 'breadcrumb' navigation.

It is on the list for attention.

Dunno about the next/previous link but have flagged it up.

15/10/2011 at 18:30

The thread made interesting reading anyway.

Wish my neighbour had the internet I would loveto show him this forum.

We often play social golf but naturally there is the competitive edge of wanting to beat your playing partners. However on more than one occasion I've had to pull him up on certain "interpretations" of the rules, in particular the length of one club, my thinking being a golf club, his being the length of Old Trafford or Anfield !!

And please somebody tell me a polite way I can explain that a lost or OOB ball is not a one shot penalty from where you think the ball landed. Normally I can laugh off this kind of "naivety" (yes I am being polite), but now hes asked about coming on a society day with me and I am worried the other society members may think I interpret my scores the same way.

Rant over, sorry.

15/10/2011 at 18:43

Dave you just have to tell him outright,that if he wants to play society golf then he has got to learn the proper rules and not just what he thinks are proper rules.

tell him that you have allowed him to play only one shot penaltys but in truth that is not the proper rules of the game.

if he gets the hump then he isnt that much of a mate,if he is your mate he will see the error of his ways.

15/10/2011 at 20:50

Pick up copy of the rule book from your pro. Then tell your mate some of his potential competitors are sticklers for the rules. Get him to read and inwardly digest to stop him embarrasing himself. I find that does the trick

16/10/2011 at 00:29

Cheers guys, I know you're right, but I'm under unders from she who must be obeyed not to upset the neighbours, especially when it comes to golf.

I have tried, I really have but she still thinks "its only a game"

Your say
email image
6 messages
Golfmagic on Twitter