Ryder Cup tickets

12 messages
10/01/2012 at 19:30

Been looking for somewhere for our late summer trip - usually go to Spain or Portugal to watch some golf. Thought I'd try and get a couple of tickets for the Ryder Cup in America... oh well, I guess its Spain or Portugal.

The Friday is sold out. Saturday and Sunday tickets are priced at $1,800 per day. £1,200!!!

10/01/2012 at 20:45

Na I'll go for the irish open :P £60 for 5 days

10/01/2012 at 23:06

thats just crazy money ,takes it totally out of the range of the average man,

10/01/2012 at 23:17

Tickets already on e-bay, £3000 for 2 tickets to the international pavillion for all 6 days, still a lot of money at £250 per person per day but a big saving on the £1200 per day BH has seen.

11/01/2012 at 06:58
That's a lot of money. Rather watch it on tv
11/01/2012 at 12:29
Wayman (5.5) wrote (see)

Agree with this. Maybe biased as I have never been to a golf event, but the fact that you get to see all the action from around the course seems to me why the tv option is better.

11/01/2012 at 13:03

No no no no no.............

I've been around golf for over 30 years, and been to plenty of pro tournaments which really I can take or leave.  

BUT......

Being at the Ryder Cup on Saturday at Celtic Manor was easily the best day I've ever spent on or around a golf course, it's a truly different experience which I would highly recommend to anyone who can attend.   If you ever get a chance, just go without hesitating.

BH, I can't believe that the numbers you have quoted are the official rates.

11/01/2012 at 13:12

They are the official rates, $1600 for Sat and $1800 for Sun.

Site also has pre registration for 2014 so get in early if you want to see the ryder cup at Gleneagles.

I went to a ryder cup as a kid, Sunday at The Belfry, amazing atmosphere and I will never forget it. Doubt I'll ever be able to afford to go again.

11/01/2012 at 20:45
Stephen D (14.8) wrote (see)
Wayman (5.5) wrote (see)

Agree with this. Maybe biased as I have never been to a golf event, but the fact that you get to see all the action from around the course seems to me why the tv option is better.

Watching on TV isn't better, yes you see the action better, but thre's an awful lot more to the experience than that. Think football, while you don't get replays etc going live, being there is still a much better experince than watching on TV.

11/01/2012 at 21:02

I've been to a few tournaments but the Ryder Cup beats them all. And that was only a practice day! Incredible to watch them, in fours, practice their approaches and putts on the course.

11/01/2012 at 22:15
fatshaft wrote (see)
Stephen D (14.8) wrote (see)
Wayman (5.5) wrote (see)

Watching on TV isn't better, yes you see the action better, but thre's an awful lot more to the experience than that. Think football, while you don't get replays etc going live, being there is still a much better experince than watching on TV.

Agree on football as I go to all Scotland games and many Celtic games for the atmosphere, but then whilst you dont get replays at least you see the striker score a great goal (unless you're off early for a pie) whilst with the golf you might miss a crucial putt on the 14th while you're at the tee on the 13th.

As I said I don't have a basis for comparison, but also judging by some people's horror stories in terms of getting to/from the Open last year I'm quite happy with 5-6 hours on the sofa

12/01/2012 at 08:35

I have relatives near the course and was thinking of going...but not at those prices.

I was at Celtic Manor on the Friday and Monday....Monday on 16th and 17th was one of the best atmospheres I've ever seen at any sporting event.  Also, the atmosphere at an Open is special, so you must go!  But not if you are gettign robbed at the gate!

Your say
email image
12 messages
Golfmagic on Twitter