Talkback: Els eager for positive start to season

9 messages
18/01/2012 at 09:45
im sorry but i think ernie is past his sell by date ,im sure he will have a few tournies where he will come good but overall its looking like another struggle season.
18/01/2012 at 11:50
I really hope he can turn it around. It's just one club that lets him down time and time again.
18/01/2012 at 11:56

totally agree Andy ,the flat stick has stopped working for him .

18/01/2012 at 16:50
For me, Ernie hasn't been the same player since he busted his knee sailing in 2005, not to mention when he switched to Callaway shovels

Can't see that situation changing though he'll always earn decent money through the year, which'll keep Mike, his caddy, in socks.

Past it for challenging in the big ticket events though.
18/01/2012 at 17:15

Yes, not done a great deal since the sailing injury, nice guy though, lets hope he figures in a few tournaments this year. I just love watching that effortless swing.

18/01/2012 at 19:17

Incredible swing. My coach used to teach me to say the words Ern-ie-Els during my backswing to get the correct rhythm.

Ernie says he's been playing well during the off-season so fingers crossed he can return to form this season. The game misses him.

18/01/2012 at 19:36

im always amazed at the power that lazy swingers get from such a languid tempo,VJ and Monty have that same easy swing ,it looks so easy when they do it ,but you try and copy it ,no chance ,keep trying though when im on the range.

18/01/2012 at 21:19
Els swing is deceiving, I'm sure he swings faster and harder than most of us. But he always looks in control and in balance. I was sure he would win many majors after the open in 2002 but never recovered from his 2004 majors where he could have won all 4, should have won the open and was undone by mickelson brilliance at the masters.
18/01/2012 at 22:40

Yeah I nearly cried when Phil holed that putt. Wanted Ernie to win so badly. Great putt, although he did see the line from Chris DiMarco!

Your say
email image
9 messages
Golfmagic on Twitter