Talkback: WIN! Callaway irons up for grabs

41 to 60 of 167 messages
02/03/2012 at 12:13
The greenfee at Royal County Down golf club.
Unforgetable!
02/03/2012 at 12:37
My best Golf purchase was Callaway X14 2 iron
It will probably stay in my bag forever!!
02/03/2012 at 12:42
Probably my Under Armour cold gear clothing. It's probably the only thing that keeps my going paying through the cold weather. If I didn't do that they I doubt I would start the new season so well each year. Certainly a game changer for me.
02/03/2012 at 13:01

My best purchase would have to be my Nike SQ 3hybrid some dont like hybrids, if it was a women i,d marry it

02/03/2012 at 13:37

Winter mits, no doubt about it. 

Other than that the cally X16' s which were 3rd hand & have seen be down from 24hcp to 13hcp. 

02/03/2012 at 13:46
My best ever purchases was last seasons callaway diablo irons brilliant clubs just fancy an upgrade as technology will have moved on!
Secondly an inesis stand bag purchased 15 years ago and still going strong.

Last but not least my favourite taylormader golf balls, such a perfect ball flight.
02/03/2012 at 14:28
My best ever golf purchase was when I spent £3.00 entering a team into the Telegraph fantasy golf competition and won the best score of any one day and won a weekend stay for two at the lough Erne resort in Ireland, together with golf on the Nick Faldo championship course, Irish breakfast and meals. The weather was fantastic, and myself and my partner had a weekend to remember forever.
02/03/2012 at 14:45

Best purchase would be my Odyssey 2 ball putter when they originally came out years back. Couldn't miss with the damn thing for ages. First time i used it i holed a monster putt.

Sadly no longer in the bag but would never sell it.

Ah those were the days when i holed the odd putt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02/03/2012 at 15:30

My original Steelhead 5 wood.  Still not sure if a better fairway has been made...

02/03/2012 at 15:51

Nothing. I've read all the posts, and can see where they are coming from, but I have gone though all my stuff, clubs, balls, hols etc, and can honestly say, without fear of reprisals as it's not that type of thread,  that I cannot nominate any of my golf purchases as "best". The closest I got was a putter that wifey bought me, but even that's sulking in the dining room at the moment, and I didn't buy it! (Don't let it know but it's going to get an outing this weekend, weather permitting). So, there you go, nothing is "best" as nothing has stood out. I've no magic wands I lovingly curl up with at night. No special golfing hols that will stay forever etched in the memory due to some amazing special life changing happening. Just got some golf stuff that I lug about the course, talking the pants off whoever I'm playing with, that helps keep me sane whilst all the world goes barmy.

02/03/2012 at 20:01

My best golfing purchase was a bright orange pair of callaway trousers and a lemon shirt.... These won me my only trophy in my 12 months playing golf.

Worst dressed golfer in our clubs annual awards it may have been but it was my first trophy

02/03/2012 at 21:46

My best ever golf purchase was the Ping Anser putter bought in 1986 which has constantly occupied a place in the six golf bags I have owned since this date. So far it has seen at least 30 drivers, 7 iron sets, and an assorted number of fairway woods, wedges and hybrids come and go.

03/03/2012 at 06:45

A 26 year old putter that has kissed over 1000 golf balls. Been caressed by over 100 gloves yet worn out only 4 grips

03/03/2012 at 13:39
I was visiting my local driving range where a chap I did'nt know asked if I could change a fiver for the drinks machine, I did not have five pounds on me but I did have a load of change so I gave him the money for a drink and said "have it on me". Twenty minutes later he came into the range, introduced himself as the new range pro and gave me a quick impromtu lesson, the outcome is I have never hit the ball better, his answer when I thanked him, "have that one on me"
03/03/2012 at 15:45

My best golf purchase was "Golf Is Not A Game Of Perfect" by Dr Bob Rotella, I like many others beat myself up week-in-week-out when hitting less than perfect shots, and guess what?

I played worse as a result.

Reading this book made me look at the game in a whole new light, it's not so much a physical endeavour, but a constant mental challenge...a challenge I relish every day I visit a golf course.

03/03/2012 at 15:57

Best purchase, my skycaddie. It has taught me how to manage my game and guided me back to the right fairway many times.

I'd be lost without it round a new course.

03/03/2012 at 19:05
My best purchase was actually free, courtesy of the NHS - the golf prosthetic that the hospital provided 2 years ago. Golf is a different game now.
03/03/2012 at 21:22
A TICKET TO THE 1977 OPEN AT TURNBERRY WHERE I WATCHED THE BEST GAME OF GOLF I HAVE EVER SEEN OR EVER WILL BETWEEN JACK AND TOM.GOLF AT ITS VERY BEST LETS HOPE RORY AND THE NEW BOYS CAN GIVE US SOME GAMES TO REMEMBER.
03/03/2012 at 21:57
Well my best purchase has got to be my Odyssey 7 putter since buying this i have been really steady on the greens wont be leaving my bag for a long time.
04/03/2012 at 03:36
my best ever purchase was my first set of clubs. A "hand me down" set from my brother for a tenner. Best value ever and started a lifelong love affair with the game of golf
41 to 60 of 167 messages
Golfmagic on Twitter