Talkback: WIN! Callaway irons up for grabs

81 to 100 of 167 messages
07/03/2012 at 16:10
Purchasing a book called "Play Golf The Tiger Woods Way" by John Andrisani, when I was just starting out playing Golf at the age of 13 back in the early 2000's. Whatever ever you think of Tiger, the book is a great insight into his secrets and techniques. It has been a major inspiration and helped me to play to a single figure handicap the past few years. Tiger might want to give it a read and get back to his best!
07/03/2012 at 17:59
My best ever purchase was my first annual membership fee for our Golf Society. At the age of 60 it introduced me to a group of great new friends all with the same interest and enthusiasm for golf as myself, with whom I now get to share 15 days of golf a year at different courses and a 4 day "golf tour" in Northumberland. £25 well spent!!

TONY SHUTTLEWORTH
07/03/2012 at 18:44
i just started playing and was scruufy so and so with no proper golf clothes to wear i visited by local shop and bumped into a ex school friend a lady and we are now engaged and she is the best thing to happen to me,and gents she never moans at me going to golf what a star she is and as you know a rareity in not moaning!!a purchase that has set me up for a great life
07/03/2012 at 19:16
my best ever purchase was my callaway diablo edge 3 wood....its as simple as that!
07/03/2012 at 20:21
The purchase that has had the best effect on my game had been my GPS device.
With exact yardages there was no “perhaps it was further than I thought” – I got very realistic about just how far I could carry the ball and how far it would roll out. And armed with that info I recognised it’s all about hitting consistent distances. Which made me keep statistics to learn from. That made my practice far more specific. Which got me into course management. That allowed me to shoot lower scores. And with growing confidence I approached the game more positively and played even more consistently. Which made my distances and shot dispersion more accurate. And thus the GPS became all the more useful…and on and on it goes, because whilst I am getting older I’m also still getting better!
07/03/2012 at 21:18
As a very shaky right handed putter, a left handed putter!

With a right handed grip I effectively putt backwards. Incredibly comfortable (and accurate) on short and medium length putts.

I'm surprised that I've never seen a Pro Golfer with putting problems giving it a try.
07/03/2012 at 23:50
a putter i got for graduating high school
08/03/2012 at 10:25
My first golf lessons which got me really excited about playing golf in the first place !
08/03/2012 at 12:21
A REALLY big golfing umbrella.
08/03/2012 at 15:31
A pair of golfing boots rather than shoes. They are ideal for winter play, warm, waterproof and high sided giving extra support and ensuring that socks don't get wet even in the longest grass.
08/03/2012 at 16:27
My best ever purchase was the last two years holidays in the Belle Mare Plage resort,Mauritius, two golf courses with free golf thrown in, forget the beach and getting a tan, this WAS a holiday and a half
08/03/2012 at 16:53
my best ever "purchase" was not a purchase at all. whilst playing with a friend, he was trying a second hand taylormade burner but didn't feel it suited him. He gave me a go, and I ripped one straight down the middle, for miles! Another go on the next hole and - same again! And again! "The pro at the local muni gave me this to try, I'm away for two weeks, keep using it and if it's still as good when I get back, I'll go with you and we can make him an offer"

During the two weeks, the pro shop burnt down! He told me to keep it for free despite my offer of payment, and it was the best driver I have ever had, draw, fade, straight, off the floor, no shot was a problem.

Unfortunately, fate played a cruel trick and a few years later, the club and all my others were stolen. To this day I still can't hit a fade off the tee and still pine for my beloved "freebie".
08/03/2012 at 18:21
The best golf purchase I ever made was Dave Pelz book Short Game Bible. It really made me focus on 100 yards from the hole and continues to make a big difference in my game.
08/03/2012 at 19:04
My best purchase was green fees at Nyeri Golf Club in Kenya. Walked up a long hill to the 6th tee. We were breathless and pulled out our drivers to drive into a valley. Asked the local caddy where to aim. He says look up and aim at the peak of Mt Kenya in the distance. The most incredible view etched in my memory. Suffice to say I cuffed my drive!
08/03/2012 at 19:19
AS I'M A SENIOR GOLFER I THINK IT HAS TO BE MY POWER CADDY ELECTRIC TROLLY 6YEARS OLD AND ONLY HAD NEW BATTERY EVEN PLAYING 3 TIMES A WEEK,WOULD LOVE A SET OF NEW CLUBS.
08/03/2012 at 19:42
A pair of all weather gloves for the odd wet day!!!
08/03/2012 at 20:37
My best golf purchase was a golf lesson from our local course pro
gave me lots of tips and pointers to help me improve my game
08/03/2012 at 20:41
My first set of clubs I purchased off eBay,I bought them 18 months ago to try the game and I was instantly hooked, I am 40 now and just wish I started playing years ago, love the game
08/03/2012 at 22:12
my golf umbrella it always rains when I play golf !
09/03/2012 at 09:30
My best ever purchase - Mizuno MX100 irons
The first piece of golf equipment I actually bought (everything else was a mismatch of pieces given to me by friends), I couldn't believe the improvement. It took a couple of trips to the range to get used to them, but as soon as I was, they really brought on my love for the game!
81 to 100 of 167 messages
Golfmagic on Twitter