Discounted Tee Times service

10/01/2012 at 10:14

For some time now we have provided a Discount Tee Times service in a 'pod' on the right-hand side of every page of Golfmagic.com. Just by way of some internal housekeeping, I'm asking how many regular visitors to our site use it (or indeed other forms of course discounting services)?

Many golfers, we know are re-considering their club membership in these stringent times, preferring to move around and book different courses when they have the time, the money and the inclination.

So it would be helpful to know if you use our service, if not which do you use or do you simply shop around and book a tee times based on recommendation from other golfers or what you've read?

Thanks in anticipation. ED

10/01/2012 at 11:40

I use "teetimes" and teeofftimes" when I feel like playing a different course or organising our anual trip. I've also noticed that one club I sometimes use has dropped their visitor fees to be the same as they'd get from golfers using "241" vouchers. About time too. I still think subs are over priced. The wifey is almost certain to refrain from rejoining this year. I'm not chuffed at this 'coz this is where I get most of my winnings from.  The price of petrol is making me re-think my subs and join locally, but their prices and the fact I hate the course restrict that ATM.

10/01/2012 at 11:58

Bob why stop there? if you get us discounted tee times in Spain or Portugal etc that would be good!

10/01/2012 at 12:51

Used an online service once - but could have got the same price direct from the golf club concerned.

Don't play many 'bounce' games at ojher clubs - play lots of Opens - much cheaper than green fees

I susepct from the lack of responses that not many people use the GM link

10/01/2012 at 13:17

tbh - never even noticed it! oops

10/01/2012 at 13:27

I use them occasionally, often turning up at the clubs I have then been advised to get the price from these sites and then phone them direct as they can often better the deal.

10/01/2012 at 13:47
I havent used it.
10/01/2012 at 16:37

Never used it or likely to use it. Never noticed it before.

10/01/2012 at 16:41

Never noticed it, but now I have. Might use.

10/01/2012 at 18:11

I have used teeofftimes and directteetimes before though I suspect it's all the same system just branded to individual websites.

10/01/2012 at 19:01

Never used the one on the GM site, though have used directteetimes a few times.

10/01/2012 at 19:06

I use discount tee time sites when I'm on holiday in the USA - saved a small fortune. I'd have a look at the one on GM if I was looking for a casual round somewhere in the UK.

10/01/2012 at 19:29

I didn't even notice it until pointed out in this thread. I tend to use Teeofftimes or Teetimes for booking games. I'm not affiliated to a club so online booking is perfect.

AP
10/01/2012 at 20:11

My two cents is that it's far easier for people to just go to Google and bang in "discount tee times" than it is to scour the Golfmagic / Monthly / TG etc homepages looking for this service.

10/01/2012 at 21:03

Never noticed the one at the side of the page but reg use the link at the bottom.

Have found it pays to shop around as some sites offer the the same tee times less than others. Sometimes you can get the same deal direct.

10/01/2012 at 21:33
Dick in Shorts(13.3) wrote (see)

Used an online service once - but could have got the same price direct from the golf club concerned.

Don't play many 'bounce' games at ojher clubs - play lots of Opens - much cheaper than green fees

N oidea what this discounted service is, there's so much flashing stuff going on that I simply now blank it all out.

However like Dick I rarely play a bounce game anywhere, just 3 games all last year, two of them funnily enough at his club   The rest of the time I play opens as well, far cheaper than green fees, and pencil in hand rather than nothing to play for stroll in the park stuff.

11/01/2012 at 09:03

never noticed it,now I have there is nothing besides me anyway,2 4 1 much better selection IMO

11/01/2012 at 12:00
fatshaft wrote (see)

N oidea what this discounted service is, there's so much flashing stuff going on that I simply now blank it all out.

However like Dick I rarely play a bounce game anywhere, just 3 games all last year, two of them funnily enough at his club   The rest of the time I play opens as well, far cheaper than green fees, and pencil in hand rather than nothing to play for stroll in the park stuff.

how do you keep an active H/c if you aren't a member of a golf club?

11/01/2012 at 13:05

If all the clubs got together and refused to deal with the discounting companies, membership might increase.

Discuss...

11/01/2012 at 14:27
Crazyface wrote (see)
fatshaft wrote (see)

how do you keep an active H/c if you aren't a member of a golf club?

Where do i or fatshaft say we are not club members.

I'm at Newmachar and he is at Dunecht