3bay GSA

Any one tried one?

I have been doing some googling and now I have even dragged out my old 3gs iphone and downloaded the app .. but has anyone tried this, either with a pro or on your own?

Their 2 other things on the market .. 1 is coming called the swingbyte, which looks quite good and is cheaper but only available in the US and another which is the swingsense which fits to your glove, have not found it in the UK yet though..

Please let me know if there are any more

I've got the 3Bays - I've had it for a couple of weeks. I have used it both by myself and with the pro whilst being coached.  I (a high handicapper) have found it great when attempting to improve my swing path in particular and have a good idea of my true clubhead speed at impact.   I think it has been a good purchase for me.  It has meant i can practice what I am being taught without the pro being around and seeing instantly whether or not it I am getting it right. On the downside, the SW could do with a bit of improvement and it would be nice to have a web app too - hopefully these will come in due course. I an led to believe that Swingbyte is coming to the UK soon, but I an not sure how one knows that it is square at impact - because of the way it attached it moves a bit (so I have been told). let me know if you have any specific questions Chris.    

Which one do you use android or apple? I updates my old iphone but because I don't have it free to use any sim it stopped working ... so it will get biffed and perhaps an android tablet will take it's place.

Apple  - running IOS6 both on iPad and iPhone (but not at the same time)

Just recieved mine managed to pair it to my old 3gs .. but I cannot get the putting one to work at the moment, have you had any success?

I didn't even know that app existed.  I'll go and have a play  

GSA Putt doesn't work with the swing analyser, but with another as yet unreleased gizmo.  Personally I use iPing with the iPing cradle

yup let me know how you get on .. looking forward to giving mine a proper go ... but house bound

Pauly wrote (see)

GSA Putt doesn't work with the swing analyser, but with another as yet unreleased gizmo.  Personally I use iPing with the iPing cradle

Pauly wrote (see)

we must have been posting at the same time. Good luck with the new arrival.

Okay did some test swings with my driver and my 6 iron ... bit of a shocker, it says my driver head speed is on average after 9 swings = 86mph High was 98mph, low 78mph. So then I tried my 6 iron which averaged 76mph ... So this would suggest I should be playing a regular shaft and my carry for my driver should be 206 yards with a perfect smash factor of 1.5 ..(which rarely happens if I am honest) Yet I have measured my drives out to a carry of 230 yards on average, when on course or practice ground ... So I need to have little more of an investigation or look at a regular shaft in my driver !

Generally seems to be £199 (although I got mine discounted)

Less than certain drivers  ... , but i will carry on my investigations as to how helpful it is and how accurate it is. I was always under the impression that my swingspeed was around 102-106mph with a driver so a bit more time is required. Those numbers were off a trackman etc..

Working with my club pro, we found the swing path to be extremely accurate.  I can't comment on the speed, but annecdotally I have found that the the clubhead speed has improved when I have hit an improved shot etc - as for accuracy of that speed, I don't know. I would be very surprised if it was as accurate as Trackman. My main use has been to visualise a change in swingpath and get the clubhead square at impact - it has certainly helped me ensure I have been practicing what I am trying to achieve.  I'll be interested to see the result of your investigations Chris.

At the moment i have only swung a club and not hit a ball, so I will need to look at my best swing with regard ball flight and then I will base that on my clubs.. interestingly my tempo was the same on my driver and 6 iron .. which I think is good news

Just looking at the swing arc and where the speed builds up .. looks like I am exceeding the numbers i quoted previously, perhaps the fact i am not impacting a ball is causing it to miss read or miss quote my swing speed .. hmm going to have to slip off down the range !

had a look at this after seeing this thread, but for myself the price of near £200 is a non starter -- shame really as i suspect there could be something there for me for that amount i'd probably spend it on lessons - now if it were half that i'd be ordering now 

There are different ones .. Swing byte and swing sense ... Have a look at those ones.

Went down the range with it for the first time, and had a good look at the overall data. What you get is measurements of each swing speed, down swing time , take back time, force, perfect ball speed, and expected carry distance.
Plus you get the swing path.
You do really need to hit balls, I found that when your trying to control the flight and keep it straight, this explains why things work. The club head speed is interesting, the thing to note that its better to get the connection. I also find that if I go after one I leave the club open, you won't see this on any analyser, just in ball flight. I can compensate for this by taking a slightly closed head at impact and the going after it, but its unnecessary.
By the way SS for the driver averaged at 99mph peaking at 104mph, minimum was 97mph after 15 swings.. So I need to learn about transition and then I will go shaft shopping the other lesson is head weight increases head speed , so I will experiment with the 910 and see what 2 gram increments do ...

Further investigations .. 80% consistency compared to your best swing is good. My 5 iron had a swing path a little outside for a few strokes, my best was square and the face angle was open. Which was interesting, I will try and close the face a bit, double check my hand position at setup and see if that does it.
My driver swing was all square, every one! The face angle was open .. And on a few it was closed, they ended going left.

Chris, Are you happy with the speed measurement?  It has started me thinking about shafts - particularly after seeing an email about 913 drivers and the shaft options.  I play an Adams Fast12 driver in Reg, but the 3Bays is making me think that I am moving towards stiff.

I think the speed measurement is fine, what I would say is look at the shaft specs and what you like and the result it gives.
The great thing about adjustable drivers is their versatility. I use the weight kit to utilise shafts which are a little too stiff and the weaker shafts can be used by reducing weight. So if you for the 913 make sure the weight kit is available.
What I like to do now is see the head weight as it will indicate where I should go with regards shafts .. Don't confuse this with swing weight I am talking purely about head weight. 10 g has a massive affect making a shaft go from boardy to smooth. By reducing it you can reduce the hooking tendency as well.
So I would say get a 913 but get the weight kit and when you buy it try a few shafts, there will be 2 that are very close in performance .. Probably a change in 2g will make them the same (IMHO) .. Or you could get fitted and have this discussion with a professional fitter and not a tinkerer like me

Anymore feed back on this product ? i have got £35 vouchers for JL so i can get this for £155 and lets be honest not much in JL for £35 haha. Thanks.

I've had a Swing byte on test for a couple of weeks now. Have offered to write a feature review for the site but am yet to receive a response from the editorial team.

Just put a review on the forum mate if they like it they will use it.
I'm open to options but read that one moves a lot on the club.

Full review of the Swingbyte will be written and submitted to the editorial team around the middle of next week. The movement of the SB that you refer to Chris is quite dependent upon club and shaft diameter and impact quality....but I've got an ultra cheap idea that I'm going to test down the range tomorrow night that should prevent the SB moving at all (so dont dismiss it because of what youve heard about it moving).

Pauly wrote (see)

I've got the 3Bays - I've had it for a couple of weeks. I have used it both by myself and with the pro whilst being coached.  I (a high handicapper) have found it great when attempting to improve my swing path in particular and have a good idea of my true clubhead speed at impact.   I think it has been a good purchase for me.  It has meant i can practice what I am being taught without the pro being around and seeing instantly whether or not it I am getting it right. On the downside, the SW could do with a bit of improvement and it would be nice to have a web app too - hopefully these will come in due course. I an led to believe that Swingbyte is coming to the UK soon, but I an not sure how one knows that it is square at impact - because of the way it attached it moves a bit (so I have been told). let me know if you have any specific questions Chris.    

Pauly....regarding the 3Bays measurement of Swing Path and Face Anlge.....from the website it appears that the device does not give you a measurement in terms of an angle in degrees but just tells you that you are Inside/outside and open/closed..... is this correct?

Yes Oddjob that's correct I've already downloaded the app to see the setup.

Oddjob that is correct. Having used the 3bays for a few months and trying out a swingbyte I have decided to move on from the 3bays.  It does a good job of showing path and speed, I found the the fact that is simply says inside/outside and open/closed to be llimiting.  It also seems to be related to the swing, not address.  When I asked them about this their answer was peculiar - telling me that most golfers swings are square to the ball. I borrowed a swingbyte from someone and used it yesterday, finding the data to be much more useful - so I have handed the 3bays to the wife and have a Swingbyte being delivered on Monday.

Could you please let me know lads as I haven't used or bought any yet but interested in getting one soon. Where have you got the swingbyte from ?

Thanks.

Chris, I bought mine from the USA.  Seem difficult to get hold of here.

C'mon then paddy......what ya waiting for? Where from? How much?

Thanks Paddy, they are on eBay for ??130 delivered.

Thanks super hacker ill have a proper read later only on phone at the moment.

if enough people on here wanted one you can get them from the states in bulk. It significantly reduces p & p costs. It would mean getting them sent to one person, who would then have to redistribute, which would add to the cost. It still works out cheaper for everyone though!

I am on laptop now and looking at them all, i do like the 3 bays but not having the degree seems abit of a shame then the swingbyte goes into more detail be looking at a few reviews the readings are well off and keep saying about recalibrating before shots.

I've all ready read that review as part of my research process.....the Swing byte is not as bad as they make out. Yes it has flaws but once you understand them and learn to work within the abilities of the device you find that the output is still meaningful and useful. But you'll have to wait for my review to be published!

In any event....its the PGA show in Orlando later on this month...you can expect a raft of new similar products and even if the SB was the mutts nuts you'd be foolish to fork out now without seeing what new products arrive.

Chris WAFC wrote (see)

I am on laptop now and looking at them all, i do like the 3 bays but not having the degree seems abit of a shame then the swingbyte goes into more detail be looking at a few reviews the readings are well off and keep saying about recalibrating before shots.

The recalibration stuff is claptrap and only goes to demonstrate how the guys who did the review didnt learn about the product, understand how the accelerometers work in the device or even investigate if there was any benefit to calibrating it. In fact....if theyd even thought about what the App told them to do when calibrating theyd have realised that no amount of calibration would compensate for a misaligned sensor (and by extension of logic...a sensor that had moved during a swing).

I've all ready read that review as part of my research process.....the Swing byte is not as bad as they make out. Yes it has flaws but once you understand them and learn to work within the abilities of the device you find that the output is still meaningful and useful. But you'll have to wait for my review to be published!

In any event....its the PGA show in Orlando later on this month...you can expect a raft of new similar products and even if the SB was the mutts nuts you'd be foolish to fork out now without seeing what new products arrive.

Just been looking a PGA show site to see what other stalls are on the floor plan. Swingbyte have quite abit setup there but cant see them releasing another product so soon but maybe a software update ? Have to wait and see but im unsure which way to go as still like the 3 Bays and if im open or closed by any degree and still want to be getting it square.

I have to agree with Oddjob. It would be advisable to wait and see what is at the show. To my mind all that the article I have pointed to does is show what information is available. Individual product tests I find are usually one individuals opinion.

I'd seen that Paddy but brings nothing new to the table and not much about it on the net either. Gotta be honest I like the detail of the swingbyte but like the 3 bays unit. Swingbyte look to have a big stand at the PGA show looking at the plan so lets see if they bring anything new out if not at the show I'd say its safe to buy.

I have emailed golfskygo to see if they will give anymore details on the product and also the availability in the uk once released.

Sorry to bump an oldish thread,but do any of these devices show the angle of attack into the ball? I'm curently struggling with this and would love to see if I make a decsending blow with the driver.

Pages