3bay GSA

08/11/2012 at 08:20

Intersting results.  

08/11/2012 at 18:29
Further investigations .. 80% consistency compared to your best swing is good. My 5 iron had a swing path a little outside for a few strokes, my best was square and the face angle was open. Which was interesting, I will try and close the face a bit, double check my hand position at setup and see if that does it.
My driver swing was all square, every one! The face angle was open .. And on a few it was closed, they ended going left.
09/11/2012 at 08:48

Chris,

Are you happy with the speed measurement?  It has started me thinking about shafts - particularly after seeing an email about 913 drivers and the shaft options.  I play an Adams Fast12 driver in Reg, but the 3Bays is making me think that I am moving towards stiff.

09/11/2012 at 09:05
I think the speed measurement is fine, what I would say is look at the shaft specs and what you like and the result it gives.
The great thing about adjustable drivers is their versatility. I use the weight kit to utilise shafts which are a little too stiff and the weaker shafts can be used by reducing weight. So if you for the 913 make sure the weight kit is available.
What I like to do now is see the head weight as it will indicate where I should go with regards shafts .. Don't confuse this with swing weight I am talking purely about head weight. 10 g has a massive affect making a shaft go from boardy to smooth. By reducing it you can reduce the hooking tendency as well.
So I would say get a 913 but get the weight kit and when you buy it try a few shafts, there will be 2 that are very close in performance .. Probably a change in 2g will make them the same (IMHO) .. Or you could get fitted and have this discussion with a professional fitter and not a tinkerer like me
06/01/2013 at 23:19

Anymore feed back on this product ? i have got £35 vouchers for JL so i can get this for £155 and lets be honest not much in JL for £35 haha.

Thanks.

07/01/2013 at 23:56
I've had a Swing byte on test for a couple of weeks now. Have offered to write a feature review for the site but am yet to receive a response from the editorial team.
07/01/2013 at 23:59
Just put a review on the forum mate if they like it they will use it.
I'm open to options but read that one moves a lot on the club.
09/01/2013 at 09:47

Full review of the Swingbyte will be written and submitted to the editorial team around the middle of next week.

The movement of the SB that you refer to Chris is quite dependent upon club and shaft diameter and impact quality....but I've got an ultra cheap idea that I'm going to test down the range tomorrow night that should prevent the SB moving at all (so dont dismiss it because of what youve heard about it moving).

Edited: 09/01/2013 at 09:48
09/01/2013 at 10:44

Thanks mate i look forward to the review.

10/01/2013 at 16:02
Pauly wrote (see)

I've got the 3Bays - I've had it for a couple of weeks.

I have used it both by myself and with the pro whilst being coached.  I (a high handicapper) have found it great when attempting to improve my swing path in particular and have a good idea of my true clubhead speed at impact.   I think it has been a good purchase for me.  It has meant i can practice what I am being taught without the pro being around and seeing instantly whether or not it I am getting it right.

On the downside, the SW could do with a bit of improvement and it would be nice to have a web app too - hopefully these will come in due course.

I an led to believe that Swingbyte is coming to the UK soon, but I an not sure how one knows that it is square at impact - because of the way it attached it moves a bit (so I have been told).

let me know if you have any specific questions Chris.

Pauly....regarding the 3Bays measurement of Swing Path and Face Anlge.....from the website it appears that the device does not give you a measurement in terms of an angle in degrees but just tells you that you are Inside/outside and open/closed..... is this correct?

10/01/2013 at 16:59
Yes Oddjob that's correct I've already downloaded the app to see the setup.
10/01/2013 at 17:21

Oddjob that is correct.

Having used the 3bays for a few months and trying out a swingbyte I have decided to move on from the 3bays.  It does a good job of showing path and speed, I found the the fact that is simply says inside/outside and open/closed to be llimiting.  It also seems to be related to the swing, not address.  When I asked them about this their answer was peculiar - telling me that most golfers swings are square to the ball.

I borrowed a swingbyte from someone and used it yesterday, finding the data to be much more useful - so I have handed the 3bays to the wife and have a Swingbyte being delivered on Monday.

10/01/2013 at 17:29
Could you please let me know lads as I haven't used or bought any yet but interested in getting one soon. Where have you got the swingbyte from ?

Thanks.
10/01/2013 at 17:30

Chris,

I bought mine from the USA.  Seem difficult to get hold of here.

10/01/2013 at 18:33
C'mon then paddy......what ya waiting for? Where from? How much?
10/01/2013 at 20:52
10/01/2013 at 21:34
Thanks Paddy, they are on eBay for ??130 delivered.

Thanks super hacker ill have a proper read later only on phone at the moment.
10/01/2013 at 21:56
if enough people on here wanted one you can get them from the states in bulk. It significantly reduces p & p costs. It would mean getting them sent to one person, who would then have to redistribute, which would add to the cost. It still works out cheaper for everyone though!
10/01/2013 at 22:05
SuperHacker wrote (see)

Guys,

Have a look at this.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/golfsense-swing-byte-smart-review/

Interesting reviews but the Swingbyte gets ripped to pieces.

Now i have no idea what to do.

10/01/2013 at 22:17

I am on laptop now and looking at them all, i do like the 3 bays but not having the degree seems abit of a shame then the swingbyte goes into more detail be looking at a few reviews the readings are well off and keep saying about recalibrating before shots.