3bay GSA

41 to 53 of 53 messages
10/01/2013 at 23:08
I've all ready read that review as part of my research process.....the Swing byte is not as bad as they make out. Yes it has flaws but once you understand them and learn to work within the abilities of the device you find that the output is still meaningful and useful. But you'll have to wait for my review to be published!

In any event....its the PGA show in Orlando later on this month...you can expect a raft of new similar products and even if the SB was the mutts nuts you'd be foolish to fork out now without seeing what new products arrive.
10/01/2013 at 23:16
Chris WAFC wrote (see)

I am on laptop now and looking at them all, i do like the 3 bays but not having the degree seems abit of a shame then the swingbyte goes into more detail be looking at a few reviews the readings are well off and keep saying about recalibrating before shots.

The recalibration stuff is claptrap and only goes to demonstrate how the guys who did the review didnt learn about the product, understand how the accelerometers work in the device or even investigate if there was any benefit to calibrating it. In fact....if theyd even thought about what the App told them to do when calibrating theyd have realised that no amount of calibration would compensate for a misaligned sensor (and by extension of logic...a sensor that had moved during a swing).

10/01/2013 at 23:17
I've all ready read that review as part of my research process.....the Swing byte is not as bad as they make out. Yes it has flaws but once you understand them and learn to work within the abilities of the device you find that the output is still meaningful and useful. But you'll have to wait for my review to be published!

In any event....its the PGA show in Orlando later on this month...you can expect a raft of new similar products and even if the SB was the mutts nuts you'd be foolish to fork out now without seeing what new products arrive.
10/01/2013 at 23:21

Just been looking a PGA show site to see what other stalls are on the floor plan.

Swingbyte have quite abit setup there but cant see them releasing another product so soon but maybe a software update ?

Have to wait and see but im unsure which way to go as still like the 3 Bays and if im open or closed by any degree and still want to be getting it square.

11/01/2013 at 08:51

I have to agree with Oddjob. It would be advisable to wait and see what is at the show.

To my mind all that the article I have pointed to does is show what information is available. Individual product tests I find are usually one individuals opinion.

11/01/2013 at 16:44
I'd seen that Paddy but brings nothing new to the table and not much about it on the net either. Gotta be honest I like the detail of the swingbyte but like the 3 bays unit. Swingbyte look to have a big stand at the PGA show looking at the plan so lets see if they bring anything new out if not at the show I'd say its safe to buy.
11/01/2013 at 16:54
Can you please post Paddy so I can have a read through.
13/01/2013 at 21:00

Looks like there is another on the way http://www.golfskypro.com/

14/01/2013 at 11:50

It isnt even out in the States yet Paddy.

14/01/2013 at 14:14
I have emailed golfskygo to see if they will give anymore details on the product and also the availability in the uk once released.
19/02/2013 at 05:49

Sorry to bump an oldish thread,but do any of these devices show the angle of attack into the ball? I'm curently struggling with this and would love to see if I make a decsending blow with the driver.

21/02/2013 at 19:36
Yes mate the Swingbyte show the angle of attack and also the Skypro show the angle of the shaft at impact.
19/04/2013 at 10:02

So which one would you recommend? I am leaning between 3Bays,SwingByte and SkyPro...

Your say
email image
41 to 53 of 53 messages
Golfmagic on Twitter