3bay GSA

25/10/2012 at 17:18

I have been doing some googling and now I have even dragged out my old 3gs iphone and downloaded the app .. but has anyone tried this, either with a pro or on your own?

Their 2 other things on the market .. 1 is coming called the swingbyte, which looks quite good and is cheaper but only available in the US and another which is the swingsense which fits to your glove, have not found it in the UK yet though..

Please let me know if there are any more

25/10/2012 at 18:42
Analyses your swing, and measures plane , speed , face angle etc
26/10/2012 at 09:49

I've got the 3Bays - I've had it for a couple of weeks.

I have used it both by myself and with the pro whilst being coached.  I (a high handicapper) have found it great when attempting to improve my swing path in particular and have a good idea of my true clubhead speed at impact.   I think it has been a good purchase for me.  It has meant i can practice what I am being taught without the pro being around and seeing instantly whether or not it I am getting it right.

On the downside, the SW could do with a bit of improvement and it would be nice to have a web app too - hopefully these will come in due course.

I an led to believe that Swingbyte is coming to the UK soon, but I an not sure how one knows that it is square at impact - because of the way it attached it moves a bit (so I have been told).

let me know if you have any specific questions Chris.

26/10/2012 at 11:36

Which one do you use android or apple?

I updates my old iphone but because I don't have it free to use any sim it stopped working ... so it will get biffed and perhaps an android tablet will take it's place.

26/10/2012 at 12:01

Apple  - running IOS6 both on iPad and iPhone (but not at the same time)

31/10/2012 at 15:47

Just recieved mine managed to pair it to my old 3gs .. but I cannot get the putting one to work at the moment, have you had any success?

31/10/2012 at 16:15

I didn't even know that app existed.  I'll go and have a play

31/10/2012 at 16:24

GSA Putt doesn't work with the swing analyser, but with another as yet unreleased gizmo.  Personally I use iPing with the iPing cradle

31/10/2012 at 16:25

yup let me know how you get on .. looking forward to giving mine a proper go ... but house bound

31/10/2012 at 16:57
Pauly wrote (see)

GSA Putt doesn't work with the swing analyser, but with another as yet unreleased gizmo.  Personally I use iPing with the iPing cradle

Pauly wrote (see)

we must have been posting at the same time.

Good luck with the new arrival.

31/10/2012 at 17:09

ahh okay ... shame but plenty to play with for now .. and cheers

01/11/2012 at 09:55

Okay did some test swings with my driver and my 6 iron ... bit of a shocker, it says my driver head speed is on average after 9 swings = 86mph High was 98mph, low 78mph.

So then I tried my 6 iron which averaged 76mph ...

So this would suggest I should be playing a regular shaft and my carry for my driver should be 206 yards with a perfect smash factor of 1.5 ..(which rarely happens if I am honest)

Yet I have measured my drives out to a carry of 230 yards on average, when on course or practice ground ...

So I need to have little more of an investigation or look at a regular shaft in my driver !

01/11/2012 at 10:06

Generally seems to be £199 (although I got mine discounted)

01/11/2012 at 10:10

Less than certain drivers  ... , but i will carry on my investigations as to how helpful it is and how accurate it is.

I was always under the impression that my swingspeed was around 102-106mph with a driver so a bit more time is required. Those numbers were off a trackman etc..

01/11/2012 at 10:16

Working with my club pro, we found the swing path to be extremely accurate.  I can't comment on the speed, but annecdotally I have found that the the clubhead speed has improved when I have hit an improved shot etc - as for accuracy of that speed, I don't know.

I would be very surprised if it was as accurate as Trackman.

My main use has been to visualise a change in swingpath and get the clubhead square at impact - it has certainly helped me ensure I have been practicing what I am trying to achieve.  I'll be interested to see the result of your investigations Chris.

01/11/2012 at 10:19

At the moment i have only swung a club and not hit a ball, so I will need to look at my best swing with regard ball flight and then I will base that on my clubs.. interestingly my tempo was the same on my driver and 6 iron .. which I think is good news

01/11/2012 at 10:31

Just looking at the swing arc and where the speed builds up .. looks like I am exceeding the numbers i quoted previously, perhaps the fact i am not impacting a ball is causing it to miss read or miss quote my swing speed .. hmm going to have to slip off down the range !

02/11/2012 at 15:50

had a look at this after seeing this thread, but for myself the price of near £200 is a non starter -- shame really as i suspect there could be something there for me

for that amount i'd probably spend it on lessons - now if it were half that i'd be ordering now 

02/11/2012 at 20:37
There are different ones .. Swing byte and swing sense ... Have a look at those ones.
08/11/2012 at 08:16
Went down the range with it for the first time, and had a good look at the overall data. What you get is measurements of each swing speed, down swing time , take back time, force, perfect ball speed, and expected carry distance.
Plus you get the swing path.
You do really need to hit balls, I found that when your trying to control the flight and keep it straight, this explains why things work. The club head speed is interesting, the thing to note that its better to get the connection. I also find that if I go after one I leave the club open, you won't see this on any analyser, just in ball flight. I can compensate for this by taking a slightly closed head at impact and the going after it, but its unnecessary.
By the way SS for the driver averaged at 99mph peaking at 104mph, minimum was 97mph after 15 swings.. So I need to learn about transition and then I will go shaft shopping the other lesson is head weight increases head speed , so I will experiment with the 910 and see what 2 gram increments do ...