Di9 adjustments

3 messages
26/07/2010 at 12:57

Just a question...

I've recently purchased a set of Wilson Staff Di9's , graphite shaft, uniflex, wide tip and have sent them to Wilson for adjustment to 1* upright and  check the lofts.  When I played the first round with them, I had a problem with the lie as I am 6'1" and the lofts, well I just thought they needed a check.  But, then I went on the web and looked at the specs - found out the lie is about 1* flat from the factory and that was the problem.  Also, the pictures of the irons showed that somewhere along the way, some of them had a standard hosel and shaft instead of the short hosel and wide tip.  Anyone else seen this variant?  maybe an early model or one for another market. Just curious, because I had to return the clubs to Wilson because the short hosel/wide tip design is not adjustable in the field.  Hopefully this will fix the problem, but in the future, the cost of ownership is high on a set of irons that can only be adjusted in the maker's shop. 

On a second note, what has the coustomer service been like with Wilson in your experience?  

26/07/2010 at 13:01

I have 2 deg flat on my irons and i am 6ft 1"

They are MX100

Had Di7 standard irons before that 

26/07/2010 at 13:25
Different strokes for different folks.  I am told by the pro I have an upright stack and tilt swing (not by design or tutoring) so upright fits me better.  Also, I'm having the lofts made 1/2* weaker as I was not looking for distance as much as control.  I'm in my 64th year, but still able to swat the ball crisply, but the putting is problematic.
Your say
email image
3 messages
Golfmagic on Twitter