driver shaft breaking

01/02/2010 at 16:54
Anyone had this happen to them ? With my new Ping G15 driver bought in October and I'd played 4 holes on my course - 2 of which where I took a driver and nice drives down the centre of the fairway. On the 6th hole I had another good drive with good distance but as I followed through the shaft of the driver broke in 2 and the head end dropped off on the ground. One of the group said 'bloody hell' - another thinking ' yes what a good drive ! I could'nt believe how the drive went A: straight and B: so long. A clean break about 9" from the head. the bloke in the pro-shop reckoned maybe where the kick-point was? whatever....... definately the most bizarre thing thats happened to me
01/02/2010 at 18:33
Did you buy your Ping From Ting Tong?
01/02/2010 at 18:58

Happened to me last year in an open competition.

Although the fact my thigh during an upward motion, came into contact with the shaft traveling in a downward motion may have had something to do with it. Not intentional (honest as was my most expensive moment of madness in golf) but regrettable!

04/02/2010 at 17:25
I threw my Callaway driver at my bag once and it snapped. We laughed.
04/02/2010 at 18:38

MY callaway FT-i snapped getting it out of the back of my vehicle, The replacement shaft snapped when i put my bag across the back seat that cost me £85 to replace the shaft, in the mean time I bought an FT-IQ from a link in a golfmagic forum to an American site WWW .discountgolfclubs .com turned out to be based in Chong Qing CHINA.....not a very clever buy so swapped it for another FT-i.

So I now have two FT-Is...........probably break my putter next time. 

Your say
email image