saw one of these on ebay the other day but forgot to bid for it. doh. it was a golf ball (strong rubber) on some heavyish duty yellow string attached to a ground spike. looked pretty good. has anyone got one of these or know where to get one? there arnt any more on ebay.

I got mine last year from John Lewis. It helped me keep my swing up to scratch during the winter.

I had one until the whole lot disappeared over the garden fence.just a joke

I've seen something that sounds similar at my local Argos Extra, (its not in the online shop or the normal argos stores), tenner I think. steel bracket that sticks in the ground with an arm out of the top, with ball and string fixed to it, (bad description I know). I was going to buy one, just haven't got there yet.

There's a manufacturer demoing this at the London Golf Show - I don't know the name of the manufacturer but it is being shown on the "PGA Golf Pages" stand. Try it out first.

I HAVE ONE. IF YOU HIT THE BALL STRAIGHT THE BALL FLYS ROUND AND ROUND ON THE BIT OF STRING. IF YOU DO NOT HIT IT STRAIGHT IT WILL WOBBLE ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!!!!! AT LEAST WITH THIS GIZMO THING-A-ME-BOB GADGET YOU CAN'T BREAK ANY WINDOWS OR LOOSE YOUR BALLS!!!!!!!!!!

Caps Linda - difficult to read and LOUD!: o )

Nah, its not the glideball, the one I've seen in Argos is only 5-6" in height, looks simple and effective.