GolfCard GPS

5 messages
27/05/2011 at 15:54

Just got this free App for my phone and I have to say I absolutely love it!

You can trace the courses out and download the images to your phone so you can see where you are in relation to obstacles etc without having to use up network bandwidth looking at satellite images.It takes time to trace the courses out so with luck someone has aleady done a decent job of it and you won't have to.

If you do have to do it yourself make sure you start by doing the hole boundary first because it overlays the newest additions you make over the ones already done.

You don't have to have the images on, you can just have a simple list of yardages.

It also has tracker capabilty which you can use to show people where you are on the course and send messages (sends your GPS position info over network every 30 seconds or so, not entirely sure of the timing). You can switch this on or off at anytime and it won't track you if you are 1000 yards away from the hole so make sure your mistress/mister lives further away!

Link to site for much more info -

http://www.senygma.com/GolfCard/Home.html
27/05/2011 at 16:27

Agreed, I have it.

Takes a little time and effort to master plotting your course if neeeded, but works very well.

10/10 from me.

27/05/2011 at 16:33
OK, so who wants to start the conversation about not allowed for competition use.........
27/05/2011 at 19:49
I've got this on my windows 7 phone and have to agree for a free app it is bloody amazing. A great way to see if GPS technology is for you!
27/05/2011 at 20:32
Robster wrote (see)
OK, so who wants to start the conversation about not allowed for competition use.........

Taz .......

personally I use GolfShot and its great

Your say
email image
5 messages
Golfmagic on Twitter