mizuno mp57's

16/01/2010 at 12:19
anyone on here using mp57's that can give me some feedback on them,i'm considering buying a set from my local pro
16/01/2010 at 13:03
ME ..... ME ..... ME....... what do you want to know?

I got a set last year from Snainton Golf down at Billingham. Bloody marvellous clubs, as the saying goes "nothing feels like a Mizuno". Mind, I have to admit that my previous set were the MX900's so I have a thing for Mizzies.

One point, get them with Project X shafts, much better than the DG's, IMHO.
16/01/2010 at 13:38
Me too - great clubs, have got project X 5.5 in PW - 6 iron and 5.0 in my 5 iron.

Go for it.
16/01/2010 at 14:25
i'm currently playing with mx200's but fancying something with a bit more feel, and i really like the look of the mp57's. It is a used set but they are nigh on new and are a really good price. they are fitted with the s300 shaft which is what i play with in my mx200s'. My only concern which is slight is the fact that they are aimed at the better player. I'm consistently playing to 12 and am a very decent ball striker. My aim is to get to 10 or dare i say it 9 this year.

what would be the noticable difference between the project X and DG's ?
Edited: 16/01/2010 at 14:26
16/01/2010 at 18:42
I found the Project shafts (mines 5.5) had more feel in them, its hard to describe really, but I could feel where the club head was, if that makes any sense. I think they look better than DG's but that is a personal thing. If you are playing to 12 I say get them, they are a beautiful club at address and when you hit them they have a real buttery feeling.

My mate thought they were to much club for me (touch of jealousy me thinks) but TBH I love them, the short irons are peachy from 150 yards in. I also matched them up with 3 Mizzie wedges and to be honest they should last me quite a while.

Just out of curiosity, what are the set you are looking at priced at?
16/01/2010 at 19:02
The mp57's are up at £200 and have midsize grips on them, but i can have them regripped with tour velvets for the £200. I think they are a total bargain and am seriously tempted.
16/01/2010 at 19:11
I only paid £20 more for new ones last year in the sale, have a shop around, they are old models now so you might get them cheap.
17/01/2010 at 17:50
I can wholeheartedly recommend them! I've had mine for 18 months and they are the best clubs I've ever owned. Mine are fitted with S300 shafts. I tried them with Project X 6.5 shafts which I loved, but at the time there was a £10 charge to upgrade for each shaft. As I was getting wedges at the same time I just couldn't afford it sadly.

17/01/2010 at 20:21
Compare them with the MP60s if you can and if they are still available. I have the 60's and love them. Very similar to the 57's but I think the 60s have a more solid feel and are just a little thinner on the top line at address but still offer some forgiveness. 57's are still lovely though.
17/01/2010 at 20:46
I bought the mp's today, managed to aquire some goodies in with the price so i'm a happy chappy. Just got to wait for the course to re-open now (

I'm going to play with these for this season and if i like em (gonna be hard not to) i may buy a new set for next season mp58's or whatever mizuno bring out next. hehe

I'm intrigued by peoples comments on the project X shaft aswell
Your say
email image