Srixon Golf balls

1 to 20 of 39 messages
13/04/2007 at 19:49
Been thinking of changing from Titleist golf balls. Well maybe not realy changing but trying another ball. I`ve always played Titleist. But got the urge to try Srixon.

Has anyone played these new balls from Srixon the AD333 and the Z-URK. I`ve heard good reviews about them from players.

I know what your saying, Why change. Or why do you want to try another ball if your happy with Titleist.

Anyone felt the same as i do and taken the plunge. Glad you did or not glad you did.

Will i know straight away the differnence, or will it take a long time to realy feel the difference.
13/04/2007 at 19:54
Tried the AD333 - dunno what all the hype was all about. For me it was just another average ball. Better off with a titleist or trying other srixon balls. Soft feel is quite good with great alignment aid.

HOWEVER... You MUST try the new Wilson Staff Dx2 soft balls - quite simply the best ball i have ever played. Soft and long. Just try it!
13/04/2007 at 20:03
Are they like Maxfli oli? Not realy keen on them at all. To me it just like hitting a lump of putty.
13/04/2007 at 20:11
I'm now using the Srixon Z-URS. Very similar to the old A10. Also similar to the NXT tour. Not sure how it compares to Pro v1's as I refuse to pay that sort of money. Got the srixon's for £14 a dozen on ebay.
Edited: 13/04/2007 at 20:19
13/04/2007 at 20:24
Wilson are in a different league to maxfli and I myself do not like those really soft balls - such as callaway's hx tour 56. Try and buy a three pack and see what you think of them. I doubt I will ever go back to my old nxt's!
16/04/2007 at 09:35
I switched from ProV1 to AD333 last season, I found they were better for distance off the tee, but not any good for spin on the greens, and with the golf courses becoming more harder to stop the ball on the greens, it's worth sacrificing yardage off the tee for spin and control. So I am back with the ProV1's and thats what I will stick with.
16/04/2007 at 09:44
I've used the AD333s for a couple of rounds now and am very happy with them - they have particularly nice putter feel, I find - but I'm stepping up to them (from Slazenger XTCs), rather than down.

FWIW I haven't lost one yet, which must be a good sign!
16/04/2007 at 11:28
I've bought a dozen of AD333 and URS. Played first round with the former yesterday and i have to say they are nice. Feel lovely, esp short game and putting. I do agree that they don't spin much - i was hitting 9 irons instead of 7s to get them to hold!

Best thing though is durability. Used one ball all round and it's pretty much spotless despite me clipping the ball really well and playing 4 under my handicap.

For just over a quid a ball you really can't go too far wrong. Certainly going to be my winter ball.

Will try the URS next week to see if i can get them to hold a bit better as i bought these to be my summer ball.
16/04/2007 at 11:34
z-urs is a great ball. doesnt spin as much off the driver as the pro v1 but just as long, i find it much easier to putt with and have no problem with short iron spin.

i too just picked up ten dozen for 14 quid a dozen off ebay.
18/04/2007 at 14:01
I,ve been playing with NXT tours but fancied a change, tried the srixion soft good driving but I didn,t like it around and on the green,too little feel, just tried the AD333,s these felt great very similar to the NXTs, going to try the Z-URS next.
18/04/2007 at 14:57
Always used Titleist Pro V1's but have recently switched to the Srixon Z-URS.

I find the Srixon slightly shorter of the Driver, but slightly longer off the irons.

Also, I used to get too much spin with short irons with a Pro V1, too often spinning back too far. Where as the Srixon is more of a hop then stop.

Maybe when the greens firm up more in the summer I'll have to switch back to the Pro V1 but for now I'm happy enough with the performance of the Srixon.
18/04/2007 at 18:45
Thanks guys, lots of feedback and good ones to.

Just come back off the course now after an ok round. But i went to try these srixon z-urs realy to see what the hype about.
After playing titleist for so long, it realy felt wierd. Alot harder more brittel feel to it off the driver and clubs to. But maybe a straighter flight path, I say straighter i mean the flight path was more maybe managable. Cant explain realy.
I`m going to give them a go for a few more rounds and see after that.
18/04/2007 at 22:34
I bought a couple of dozen AD333's and have been playing with them for a few weeks. They play very long (an extra 15yds on my 7 iron) but I've found I just can't stop them on the greens. I can't remember going through the back of so many greens in a long time so I'll be ditching them, certainly for the summer anyway.
18/04/2007 at 22:43
corona

they do fly high and long
18/04/2007 at 22:47
not keen off the putter though
19/04/2007 at 06:53
The Ad333 is the best 2 piece ball I have ever used,found one last winter and got hooked on it for messing about rounds.Nike Plat for comps but the AD333 just gets used for knockabouts,great ball
19/04/2007 at 09:30
Corona - absolutely the same as me

As much as i hate using expensive balls, i'm going to have to get out my brand new Z-URSs to see how they do. I don't like having to play links golf on parkland courses!

Have to say that distance of the drive, short game, putting, "feel" and durability is the best i've ever played and i'm messed around with all the best 2piece balls.

I'd just recommend not using them outside of October to March.
19/04/2007 at 15:30
I swapped to the AD333 in the winter over the NXT Tour, and will do so again next winter. Now the better weather is here, I have swapped over to the Nike One Platinum. Nice and long, good hang time and nice around the green and putting. I can't see me returning to Titliest at all now.
20/04/2007 at 16:58
I usually play with the Pro V1 and played with the 333 yesterday for the first time. A little longer off the tee but nowhere near the amount of spin generated with the AD333 compared to the Pro V1. Wilson DX2 Soft also spins a lot round the greens and an alternative to the Pro V. Has anyone tried the Taylor Made balls?
20/04/2007 at 17:43
I have played Srixon AD333s in winter and the ZURS in summer for two years in prefence to ANY other company's offerings.

Also, watch out for really excellent woods and irons from this HUGE company. Very good and even getting better!
1 to 20 of 39 messages
Golfmagic on Twitter