The General Moaning Thread

1 to 20 of 88 messages
03/12/2008 at 08:12

"Inspired" by the Humbug thread.....

Rather than a scattering of "bah hambug" type sentiments through the other threads, I thought it would be a good idea if we could have one general thread where the moaners and whingers can let off steam.

Leaving the rest of us to sup on our half full glasses and enjoy the forum in peace.

So.... who's first???

03/12/2008 at 08:20

Good idea McStumpy.

But this thread could end up longer than the Shamblers Club.

03/12/2008 at 11:49
OK Here goes, My moan is about this Bl**ding government, Not content with voting in a speaker who is Labour partisan to the extreme, devestating the House of Lords without the slightest thought of how to replace it, (just because they can) Undermining the monarchy at every turn, Politacising the Civil Service they now are trying to use the Police for there own ends Our Political process that has been in place for a thousand years is being rubbished by a bunch of political midgets who have no other thought than their own survival as MPs and to turn us all into slaves to the state..When I hear our Parliament being compared, in various places, as akin to Zimbabwe's or our Police to the Stasi it makes my blood boil!! and dont get me going on ID cards ...Time for a cold shower..
03/12/2008 at 12:13

I'd like to have a moan about eBay bidders.

We've been shamelessly hawking a load of old junk... er, I mean, offering a range of quality second goods on eBay recently. As per normal, I start the price low, and let the auction take its course.

I could, of course, offer "Buy it Now", but I don't - as mentioned above, I just want to let the auction run its course. If I was open to an offer, I would have added a "Buy it Now" price to the auction.

Still with me? This is very complicated.

At least I assume it's all very complicated, as an irritatingly high percentage of our auctions attract a message along the lines of "Hi, mate - woud you be prepared to accept an offer to buy it right now?"

Well, excuse me Sherlock, but if I was minded to accept such a proposal, wouldn't I have listed the item with a "Buy it now" price? Is it not unreasonable to assume that as I didn't this, I'm likely to say "no thanks"? Did you perhaps assume that I maybe just forgot to click on the "Buy it Now" option when listing my item?

This has quickly gone from puzzling, to bemusing, to downright annoying. I've now decided not to respond to these queries, as the danger of firing back something drippingly sarcastic may be counter productive.

03/12/2008 at 12:15
My moan is simple, I'm sick of chirpy, cheery, tw*ts, who bang on about half full glasses and go around saying things like it's Xmas and cheer up. The world would be a better place if we shot all of the perpetually cheerful and all those of a positive disposition.
03/12/2008 at 12:20
You arnt cross threading here MacB by any chance??
03/12/2008 at 12:26

I'm assuming it's ironic. MacB always seems like a sensible, well-rounded individual. Unless he's having a bad day or something.

For my part - I'm personally the positive type... but I don't demand everyone else be and so don't tell people to cheer up (it's Xmas).  If people want to be miserable and moan all day long about everything, then so be it. Each to their own.

03/12/2008 at 12:34

I'd like to moan about one of my work colleagues. He is the most miserable and surly individual I have ever met. He is also the most unjustifiably arrogant person alive, as I'm struggling to work out anything he is actually any good at. He isn't very bright, obviously not very charismatic, and he relies on our boss so much to do his own work for him.

We have a 30 employee company, and 29 of them are fine... he's the exception and I have the misfortune to have to sit in the same room as him.

Still, I just pretend he isn't there... I've tried being nice to him and cutting him some slack but he's beyond hope.

03/12/2008 at 13:03

I want to moan about 3 months notice... 4 weeks in and I am so pi**ed off! Doing everything I can for them to ask me to leave the building quietly so I can go and play golf between now and Xmas.

BASTARDS!

03/12/2008 at 13:12
Niblick (the original) wrote (see)

MacB always seems like a sensible, well-rounded individual.

Yep! - that's the bloke
03/12/2008 at 13:24

Haha - I tend to think anyone who dislikes cheery people has severe problems. It's one thing to not be like them, but quite another to despise them for it.

Although I did hint that I don't think cheery people should go around telling everyone to be like them. I can see that if someone is a naturally negative person that it could grate a bit... it probably reminds them how miserable they are!

03/12/2008 at 13:25
And let's not forget the classic line "cheer up, it might never happen"... which would probably set me off tbf.
03/12/2008 at 13:38
Niblick I seem to recall 'Cheer up, it might never happen' was followed by the line 'So I cheered up, and sure enough it happened'!!
Edited: 03/12/2008 at 13:40
03/12/2008 at 13:41

Optimists have plowed us into trouble - don't forget that

Do not underestimate the power of the pessimist - who will be either right, or delighted. So potentially, pessimists slant on things keep them sane and internally cheerful.

I'm a pessimist, worked for an insurance company all my life, have always played life with a contingency plan and have had to use one a couple of times over the years to come through relatively unscathed. Now, I look at the stupidity of optimists and am not surprised when they eventually get what they deserve.

Prime example Gordon the Moron, totally inept in any capacity as a leader. He cheerfully insisted, no boom and bust under his watch - but he just couldn't see past his over padded ego.

Complete t*sser!

03/12/2008 at 13:49

Optimists and pessimists both have their place Taz, which was my point really.

Incidentally, it's not quite as black and white as you state imo. You can be positive without being blindly optimistic. I'm naturally quite cautious and will examine all the possibilities before making a big decision, but I'm still positive. Blind optimism is usually just naevity, and I always have a contingency plan too.

03/12/2008 at 14:00
I assume you have administered the stop cock!!
03/12/2008 at 14:29
What you need is a little boy to stick in the hole!!!
03/12/2008 at 14:35
Sorry it was an attempt at humour as in the little dutch boy who stuck his finger in the dyke, it sounded like you are in a similar postion re water!!!
03/12/2008 at 14:40

All I got to say is Supermarkets, its humming with people down here and every one of them thinks they're the only person in the poxy shop in between chats with all anybody that'll listen, its not a meeting place it a supermarket, you buy things in them!!!

I'll have to clip some air horns on the trolley, stop blocking the ailes, and ave that you feckers! COMING THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah I feel so much better, Ill have to post on the general gratitude thread now.

03/12/2008 at 14:58

Self-centred people in supermarkets seems to be an all year occurrance in my area. Why people can't acknowledge that they exist in a world where there are "other people" is bewildering. And just to keep up the tone of "pigeon-holing"... Mothers and the Elderly are the biggest offenders.

*Runs*

1 to 20 of 88 messages
Golfmagic on Twitter