Yep, played three rounds at Linden Hall (Northumberland) before and during the xmas holidays. My tips are:
1. If the lake in front of any par three is frozen, use the lake for your first (or even second, third and possibly fourth) bounces to get on the green. This is because;
2. the greens are so hard that any ball pitching on, will bounce straight off the back in spectacular fashion!
3. use a coloured ball, as the fairways are usually white with frost.
4. enjoy the feeling of ripping a drive at least 30-40 yards further than you normally can, due to the fairways having the hardness of concrete.
5. wear warm clothes
6. take a hip flask, for a wee nippie at the start or midway.
7. enjoy the round! as the conditions are so hard to play in, scores just dont matter and the only important thing is to have carefree fun.