The ripple effect from Darren Clarke’s emotional Open Championship victory has sent a tremendous wave of golfers to the shores of Kent with Golfbreaks.com.
Europe’s largest golf travel company has seen a dramatic 82% rise in golfers booking breaks and tee times in the garden of England over the same period 12 months earlier.
“Since Clarke sealed his success at Royal St George’s, it seems visitors to the tournament have sampled what Kent has to offer and are now keen to enjoy more,” said marketing director of Golfbreaks.com, Keith Mitchell.
Royal St George’s is one of five courses alongside Prince’s, Royal Cinque Ports, Littlestone and North Foreland that comprises Kent’s ‘Regal Golf Coast’ - this quintet is ideally complemented elsewhere in the county by the equally high profile London Club and Chart Hills.
“Golfers are clearly keen to return in large numbers to enjoy playing in this amazing golfing destination that boasts more than 100 top-class courses, which include former Open and European Tour event venues, as well as enjoy the many other hidden gems and tourist attractions the Garden of England has to offer,” added Mr Mitchell.
Golfbreaks.com, Visit Kent and Shepherd Neame, the renowned brewer and accommodation provider, have teamed up to promote the region and offer an ever-growing selection of more than 100 different golf-break packages for Kent to suit all tastes and budgets
- The Lodge at Prince’s GC (Sandwich): 2 rounds at Prince’s plus 1 night’s B&B – from £110pp
- CanterburyGolf Tour: 1 round each at Prince’s and Littlestone plus 2 nights’ B&B at Evenhill Inn (3*) – from £239pp
- North Kent Golf Tour: 1 round each at London Club, Royal Blackheath and Austin Lodge plus 2 nights’ B&B at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa (4*) – from £269pp
- Central Kent Golf Tour: 1 round each at London Club, Chart Hills and Etchinghill plus 2 nights’ B&B at Maidstone Holiday Inn (4*) – from £270pp
- Sandwich Golf Tour: 1 round each at Royal St George’s, Prince’s and Royal Cinque Ports plus 2 nights’ B&B at Bell Hotel (3*) – from £469pp
For more information on Golfbreaks.com’s vast selection of golf breaks in Kent, visit www.golfbreaks.com/kent-golf-tours.