Cleveland has revealed a cavity backed wedge in the CBX, aimed at the 84% of golfers playing cavity backed irons*.
The new game improvement wedge is designed to be more forgiving than Tour-designed wedges, while also providing increased spin and versatility.
The Cleveland CBX wedge also matches the swing weight and profile of cavity backed irons, making the transition to irons simpler.
John Rae, Vice President of Research and Development at Cleveland Golf, said: “Wedges that match iron sets have next to no spin technology and sole designs that are ill equipped for the demands of the short game. Tour wedges are versatile and spin the ball but are significantly heavier and lack the forgiveness features that most golfers are used to in their irons. The Cleveland CBX combines the spin and versatility of our tour wedges with a cavity back design so golfers get plenty of control and forgiveness.”
- A Cavity Back Wedge Design offers more forgiveness and blends with the look, feel and weight of cavity back iron sets.
- A Rotex Face, the most advanced wedge spin technology ever made,helps the CBX produce spin just like a tour-designed wedge.
- A Dual-V Sole Grind offers forgiving turf interaction, delivers extra assistance on bunker shots, and provides versatility when executing different short game shots.
- Feel Balancing Technology repositions the center of gravity for better feel and distance control.
Lofts: 46-60 degrees
* 2016 Industry Data on Retail Sell Through suggests 84% of all irons sold have a cavity back and would
be classified as Game Improvement or Super Game Improvement.