Custom Fit Putter?

11 posts / 0 new
Custom Fit Putter?
How many out there have had a putter custom fit? What were the results?

32" long67* lie angle...4 degrees flatter than most manufacturers standard lies

Went for fitting and came out bog standard 71* 34" shaft but a preference for a heavier head! Woth it for the peace of mind though.

Thanks......

33" shaft and 75* lie which equates to Ping's white dot, eyes now fall effortlessy straight over the ball.

I went for a SAM's Fitting session at Pachesham golf centre in Surrey and came back with a slightly un-usual fitting this week. I have yet to try it out on a proper round yet so waiting till the weekend to see the results.

Got my current putter altered to me.

37"!!!!
1.5 degrees more loft.

I was fitted at the  TM Performance lab Turnberry. Spider ghost 33" bog standard with a jumbo grip. used it for the first time in a medal last week and was cut to my lowest ever 13.9

MoonageMin wrote (see)

I went for a SAM's Fitting session at Pachesham golf centre in Surrey and came back with a slightly un-usual fitting this week. I have yet to try it out on a proper round yet so waiting till the weekend to see the results. Got my current putter altered to me. 37"!!!! 1.5 degrees more loft.

Can I ask how tall are you please?

Sorry Bob for the late reply. I am exactly 6ft.

I'm not really that tall, but I think it's because I stand quite upright when I putt. Not sure if it's 100% the right set up or me, but I've been getting some mixed results round the course, so I guess I'll try and see over time to see if it's any better or worse. Seems rather extreme though still....

Standing tall explains the long putter shaft.I only asked as most putting instructors agree it's best to have your eyes directly over the ball with your arms hanging naturally. That's what normally gives you your putter shaft length.But if it works for you, go for it

I got custom fitted in March this year. I was in Florida on vacation and my friend took me to meet Bob Evans in Largo. He worked with Greg Norman, Jose Maria Olazabal and others when he worked for McGregor Golf. He is now with a Japanes company, Aneeging Samurai. Have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy2eVhcIxJk and ou can see the process that he did for me. I had an Odyssey 2 ball blade with 34" shaft. After fitting I needed a 31" shaft, full mallet with extra weight at the heel. I am not a good putter but after fitting I was much more accurate with both distance and direction. I bought the putter that he fitted for me and having been using it ever since. He also cut down my Odyssey to the correct length and adjusted the loft and lie angle. I would certainly recommend getting properly fitted for a putter - it is the club that you use more often than any other in the bag!