Fat Putter Grip

18 posts / 0 new
Fat Putter Grip
Thought I would try one. Really reminded me of the old days when some horrible fat slag seduced me with the beer rape drug and I woke up hugging a pair of fat cheeks. I suppose it keeps the wrist out of it! Strangely it works though it needs a firm push to get it into the bag.My wife wants to try it.

Was your putting stroke quite wristy in the past?

David Valentine wrote (see)

Thought I would try one. Really reminded me of the old days when some horrible fat slag seduced me with the beer rape drug and I woke up hugging a pair of fat cheeks. I suppose it keeps the wrist out of it! Strangely it works though it needs a firm push to get it into the bag.My wife wants to try it.

Why would your wife want to be seduced by a horrible fat slag?

Robster wrote (see)

David Valentine wrote (see)

Why would your wife want to be seduced by a horrible fat slag?

Dear me no!  It would probably feel quite different to her.

Fatter putter grips - okay watch out for swing weight and also watch out for long distance feel. I have been using a lamkin lightweight 2ten on a rossa ghost. My short putting has been good but my distance putting has been horrendous. Plus getting it in and out the bag is a nightmare and it won't fit in the putter well. I have always preferred a thicker grip, usually 2-3 wraps under the grip and I am looking at trying an ionic jumbo grip to see how that feels and whether I can get a few more wraps underneath it. There are a few interesting grips out there, but I hate winn grips so that kind of eliminates them totally for me. The stroke saver series looks good and there is a stroke saver ultra thin which looks like a nice size, but I cannot source it at the moment in the UK. Also if your a bit too wristy try splitting your hands a bit more, it seems to work for me.

Mine is the Lamkin 2Ten mega Lite.

You also need to watch that you don't twist the grip when you're forcing it back into your golf bag. I've seen 3 or 4 of my regular golfing mates change to the 2thumb grips but they've all changed back.

My Ionic grips have arrived, they are supposed to be jumbo but look pretty normal to me . I will see if they can take some extra wraps underneath.

I've put a crown jumbo putting grip on me scotty and it improved me putting
Only thing I don't like is trying to get it into the bag is a bit of a faff on but I do use a pencil bag

Might buy a new stand bag

how wide is the grip in diameter?

I've been a regular user of the Lamkin Crossline Mega Paddle in recent years but have recently changed to the Tiger Shark Fatso SuperStroke....a huge but lightweight grip that gets the putter sat beautifully in the meat of the palm of my hand.Totally takes wrists and fingers out of the stroke.As others have noticed....this fundamentally fails to fit in the putter well in my bag so has to go in the slot where my driver usually resides.

It is working well.

Can a fat grip really eliminate the flicking wrists ?

bob mac wrote (see)

Can a fat grip really eliminate the flicking wrists ?

It goes a long way towards it. However, my recent problem has been pulling. I find the fat grip encourages the straight arm shoulder swing and keeping the left wrist pointing at the target. I use a grip with my right 5th finger nestled between my left 2nd and 3rd fingers with my thumbs together down the front of the grip, point my left wrist at the target, swing and hold the follow through concentrating on keeping that left wrist solid.

I have now played several rounds with the Jumbo Ionic installed on my TM Ghost thingy. The results are good and I really like the feel of the grip. It will fit in a normal putter well, so it's a compromise thickness, but it is enough to keep the wrist from flicking and allow distance to be judged. I would recommend trying these. A split hand grip also helps flicking - worth trying as well. As for pushing, look at your line and swing your body around, I putt with an open stance i.e. my left foot is back a few inches.

Mine is currently on order with our pro.

Had a Jumbo grip ordered with my new Spider ghost but TM forgot to fit it. Am just about to head along and see if it has arrived yet.I did have a 2 thumb on my Sabertooth and loved itl

TigerSharks Super Stroke line of Putter Grips are Excellent! I play the Fatso Lite model and am putting better than I have in quite some time!