Bank Holiday Monday

9 posts / 0 new
Bank Holiday Monday

I'm off to St Annes Old Links Blackpool, with Tiddy and a few others for a comp 10-18 H/c £25. We are now one short apparently. Anyone care to join us? (i've left a messge for Sparts).

Message replied to John.

Have fun.

Cheers Mike, sorry for the late shout. Maybe we can organize it properly next year? Great day out though. Light breeze, beautful sunshine, 5 mins outside Blackpool it was persisting down!!! Lightening fast greens. rough kept down so not so much looking for balls. Three putted far too many greens, finished with a 76. 66 was winning when we left. 

'was winning when we left' It's one of the joys of playing early, You hear the story's about later tee times wining open comps, well my mate played in one recently and the first three place were taken up by the last three tee times.

66 won it !!!!!!

The wind had got up by the time we left. Anyone still out there would have struggled.

Oh yeah, Tiddy struggled to an nett 80. But had a funny annecdote to share in the bar. The bloke who he was playing with was in a bunker on the 3rd, I think it was. for three. He sank his putt for 14 !!!!!!!!! Swish, swish, swish, swish etc. Oh, as we came off the 15th green I saw a bloke in front of us on the 16th was swishing and missing at his ball on a down slope just off the tee. Then he connected. The ball shot forward, hit a sleeper 2 meters away and shot backwards over his shoulder back on to the tee. 'Kin laugh!!!!!! I had to sharply turn my back on him as the tears rolled down my face. I'm sure he realized as I was shaking so much trying to hold my self together.  

Sounds like one of the occasions when laughing is the right thing to do. I always say, if it's the other way round they would be laughing at you.

Crazyface wrote (see)

But had a funny annecdote to share in the bar. The bloke who he was playing with was in a bunker on the 3rd, I think it was. for three. He sank his putt for 14 !!!!!!!!! Swish, swish, swish, swish etc.

The 3rd is the par 3 into the corner with the nursing home and road behind. I once heard someone claim that the notorious Maurice Flitcroft was recognised and stopped there during Open qualifying after an 11.