Forum's Golf Cup '07

272 posts / 0 new

And it's goodnight from him ;-)

Trust you golf will be as bad as your jokes :0) :-)

Boanerges

RichardI do so hope that my golf is not a fraction as bad as SOME of my jokes!

Money sent, looking forward to it already.

Must say, looks like we have a Bloody good turn out for this game.Well done Stickman...sorry you cant hear me clapping, forgot:o)

Well, well, well, the bandit Croftsy raises his head above the parapit!I remember one Novermber weekend at another GM do in Forest Pines (brilliantly organised by said 'Bigger Al' I may add) when all we got over coffee & bacon butties was how much he hadn't played, he'd be struggling, etc., etc. and then proceeded to stripe good 'uns all day. Even one with David Edwards' Brolly-Wedge!It'll be good to see you again Al.

P.S. Will you have any Kangaroo gloves with you?

Hi Chris, thanks for your kind message, now either your memory or mine is fading. Seems to me that you hit one with the brolly, I attempted to hit one with the extra long driver.Had an absolute 5hit round too, but that's what happens when you try and organise something - more worried about everyone enjoying themselves than my own game (that's what I tell myself anyway)!! stickman I'm sorry to say prepare for the worst. Shame Gil won't be joining us for the on and after course entertainment.Looking forward to catching up with everyone who knows me. (I'll bring a few gloves along).

Prepare for the worst - Hell No! Your going to burn the course up :-)Bringing some gloves sounds like a great idea. Put a couple of Medium in your bag and you can probably lighten me of some hard earned money that the wife doesn't know I'm spending ;-)Chris, I'll get in touch again soon to sort the trophies.

Boanerges

Bigger Al, from Smaller Boanerges, greetings!I never realised that there would be the added attraction of BOXING at Staverton. Are 10 ounce gloves, Kangaroo or otherwise just the norm?Seriously, there appear to be SO many real characters coming along it should be a superb day and I look forward to making your acquaintance.

"Bringing some gloves sounds like a great idea. Put a couple of Medium in your bag and you can probably lighten me of some hard earned money that the wife doesn't know I'm spending ;-)"I'm watching you know ;-{

Just to warn the 'Tractor Boys' I will be pairing also up with someone from THIS forum.... an experienced protagonist, who wont crumble under the intense pressure that a GM golf day / Major Championship entails.. ;)

JP, If it's who I think it is, do you fancy a small (

LOL @ BOBJP, send me an email and let me know who it is as I'm putting pairs together.ohhhhhh - fighting talk

Oh the mighty Goliath - The great BEAST from the North - OK Barnsley ;) gets slain by David and his shining ProV1..I can see the GM headlines now...I thinks you got yoself a wager BoB... 5 squid a head it is, off scratch.Come on guys there must be some more internecine action going down on here ?? :)

Let's have some money on fairways hit and GIR.Then we'll see who can really play!!!;o)

Great stuff chaps/chapesses. You just keep pouring all that pressure on yourselves & let one of the "Under-Dogs" steal the silverware while you all go the way of Cheshire Cheese!8o))

Boanerges

ChrisAll this macho posturing by the young bloods!I would remind them of the story of the old bull and the young bull standing together on the top of a hill surveying a herd of cows in the field below .........

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL BEAT YOUTH AND SKILL

Boanerges

TazNot QUITE what I was trying to convey to the likes of The Beast but very nicely put nonetheless!

... old Greek proverb BoneyThey knew their stuff, those Greeks:o)

Just adds to the flavour David ;-)I just hope we enjoy our game. Have you played there before?

Boanerges

RichI have heard a LOT about Staverton GC-mostly good.I very much respect you and your golf and I would be very interested in your comments on the course!From an ANCIENT bull.

Boanerges

TazThose GEEKS also know their stuff!

Fairly wide track so you'll be able to hit your Geek Driver a fair bit. A few quirky little holes such as a near 90 degree dogleg which is just a 6 iron then a wedge. But usually well manicured and large fairly quick greens.Fairway are nice to hit from and the rough (what there is) is not penal, you should be able to advance the ball rather than having to chip out sideways.I've only played the once in sub-zero tempertures! It was a bit of an epic but I remember the course played nicely. There's certainly a decent score to be made.Plenty of elevation changes so not an easy walk, but not as bad as some.

Boanerges

RichMany thanks for the info!I know that if I did not have a great powered trolley my ancient and arthritic knees would suffer even more from the "elevation changes"With Just Pured's strong and expert help we SHOULD be OK!

Have no fear Boa, if it wasnt for Sticky's treachery ;) giving me a dodgy yardage on 18 last time we played, I would not have put the blasted ball in the pond and scored 3 more points.A little trechery is to be expected on these GM Days. Beast will try to intimidate by menacingly waving his Spectrum about and Nubbins will try to lull us into a false sense of security by hooking his first few tee shots deep into the boomshakka. BTW I will be using a leccy too like Beast and the rest.

Is this the same treacherous Sticky that was actually on your team Angelo?? ;-)The Spectrum has been replaced by an Indio and that has been replaced by a Ping Rapture.The Spectrum is soooooo last season darling.Nubbins has a new Driver also and it has "virtually" eliminated the duck hook.

Boanerges

RichNubbins ought to have told Thomas Bjorn about it. There's PLENTY of water on the LEFT of the fairways at the K Club!!

So what girlie names have you come up with then?Angles of the North?The Ancient Bullshite

Boanerges

StickmanJust Pured and I will STICK IT up yours in no uncertain fashion and you wouldn't be able to endure the thrashing we would administer. We really would not wish to be the cause of you topping yourself for shame behind the Greenkeepers' sheds!I shall confer with Angelo and we will come up with a Team name which will reflect our combination of skill, strength, youth and vast experience!!

Easy Tiger! We will quite happily stand back and admire the Barnsley Boys taking their pound of flesh first. Let

BoB said..."Fairway are nice to hit from and the rough (what there is) is not penal, you should be able to advance the ball rather than having to chip out sideways."err....having played the course many times in the height of summer I can say that the rough is likely to be deep and lush and heavy....dont be surprised to hit a shot a yard off the fairway and not be able to find your ball."Nubbins has a new Driver also and it has "virtually" eliminated the duck hook."But has he eliminated the topped iron off the tee?Boanerges said..."Just Pured and I will STICK IT up yours in no uncertain fashion and you wouldn't be able to endure the thrashing we would administer. We really would not wish to be the cause of you topping yourself for shame behind the Greenkeepers' sheds!I shall confer with Angelo and we will come up with a Team name which will reflect our combination of skill, strength, youth and vast experience!!"Angelo has told you about his difficulties in attending such events hasnt he??? Dont be surprised if your partner turns up a day early...if he gets there at all!!!Sticky....are we taking the diet biscuits up for Nubbins again?Boanerges..."I shall confer with Angelo and we will come up with a Team name which will reflect our combination of skill, strength, youth and vast experience!!"Lets hope you can come up with something before the 1st July then!!

Taz said..."... old Greek proverb Boney"more like Old Geek proverb.:-)

LMAO @ The Fugitive.The wife ate the biscuits when we got home from Woodhall... :-)

Then let the war of words begin!!

Dont you just love a bit a trash talkin....? LMAO :)OK... so the Tractor Boys are in this as well

I ll hold the money for you.

I dunno, what chance do us high handicappers have?I mean with all this single figure guys dishing it out they simply can't afford to have a mare!Normally us "Scuttmullers" would go out last (h'cap order and all that) but I reckon it would be much more fun for us lot to go out first such that the cat1's & 2's (main protagonists) have an audience on their way in to the 18th...

LGL and I have had a little cyber conflab and we are looking for members of the IRISH TEAM - so if you any parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles etc from Ireland then get in touch - also if you have ever tasted Guiness, flown with Ryanair, fathered a a child whilst still a priest, "owned a budgie called Eamonn" (Jack Charlton).First come first served by the way......

Sorry mate, already been reserved for Sconny Botland!

Boanerges

SeanI dont know if I qualify-although I would like to! My mother, God rest her soul, was a Kerry woman related to the great Christy O'Connor!I've drunk great Guinness at Waterville, "had" a lovely Irish lass-about a hundred years ago,of course- and think of myself as a Celt. AND flown with Ryanair.

Boanerges,It sounds like you qualify perfectly though I'm slightly worried by the way you describe your encounter with the Irish lass. However you immediately retrieve the situation by remembering her as lovely - I wonder how she remembers you?!Any relation of the great Christ(y)O'Connor is welcome on the team and probably guaranteed a place in Heaven(And before the God Brigade, Bless 'em, take offence we are being light hearted here).Hope the Ryanair experience was good. I'm told the company motto is 'If you've got time to spare then fly Ryanair'

Boanerges

SeanThank you for your reply. I can tell you one or two superb stories about Christy-mostly true!These days the Ryanair motto SHOULD be" If you have cash to spare fly Ryanair!"

Seems whilst i have been away, i have become the punch bag for all your chatter, even from my own team mate. LOLLike water off a ducks back boys. I am almost firing on all cylinders. Still time to fine tune before Staverton. Sticky, i have paid you in full via PP.Have we got a name BoB?

Erm...The Barnsley Boys??Sorry it's late, it's the best I could do.

D- for originality BoB!lol

The Barnsley Chops more like! You boys are going to get eaten by the rest....!

Boanerges

SeanIf those chops are juicy and tender I'll definitely be in for a pound or two-chops not money!I just hope that ther's enough to go round!

How many in a team?

Pages