SJB's Wooden Spoon Unveiled!

8 posts / 0 new
SJB's Wooden Spoon Unveiled!

I was inspired by Niblick's fancy printed handouts at Montrose and SimonS' skill with a labelling machine for the big trophy and thought that the humble wooden spoon needed some similar care...

Brilliant mate! Almost look forward to 'winning' it!

Folk will flock from the South to have a go too!

12 lucky souls will be vying for this piece of... erm... art at Craigielaw.

Zombie - I would happily take it - it's much more use than the Sombrero! However as Blairgowrie wasn't an 'official' SJB meet - you'll have to find a suitable recipient at Craigielaw today Presumably you're going to cut all the Craigielaw members handicaps by at least 3 shots - as they will obviously have (hopefully some) local knowledge?

That is a great trophy. I hope you don't mind if I crib the design for one of the seniors trophies (it's not copyrighted is it?) Of course, the Saltire would have to be replaced with summat else.

Taz, fill your boots!  What about swapping the saltire for a cup of tea, or a zimmer frame... DiS - the winner has only played links golf once before and I played with him earlier in the month and he was hacking up Prestonfield like a beginner...  Obviously had his Weetabix on Sunday morning.

Dick in Shorts(13.1) wrote (see)

However as Blairgowrie wasn't an 'official' SJB meet - you'll have to find a suitable recipient at Craigielaw today

Of course it was - you had the founding member playing. You just wanted to avoid coming last...