"Society" Day at Cooden Beach GC, East Sussex???

16 posts / 0 new
"Society" Day at Cooden Beach GC, East Sussex???

Cooden Beach Golf Club is a really nice course down on the East Sussex Coast and looking at their website they are offering fairly reasonable prices for a Society Day.
£61.00 for 36 holes, coffee and bacon rolls on arrival, ploughmans lunch or ham, egg and chips at lunchtime and a two course evening meal. I personally don't think that's a bad price at all for a course of this quality.
Need to get a minimum of 12 people interested to qualify for the booking. Have no idea of dates at the moment but with the other things that are going on early in the season thinking about late August/early September time. The course should be at it's best at this time of the year and the weather should be kind.
I'm quite happy to take on the organising, just need to know who might be interested.
A link to the course website is here...

http://www.coodenbeachgc.com/

As I say, it's a really nice course, always in top condition with slick greens and superb turf. The fairways (if you find them) are a pleasure to play off.
It's very "linksy" in feel, and I can't think of many nicer places to play on a nice summers day.
Rob

You da man, Rob.I'd be interested alright. Keep me posted, please?cheers!

I'd be up for that Rob - depending on dates etc.Cheers

Took the bull by the horns and have just phoned the club, they have two dates that they could accommodate us for 36 holes. These are FRIDAY 20th AUGUST or THURSDAY 9th SEPTEMBERAs most clubs are at their busiest around this time it is very difficult to fit in a society around other club commitments. The Secretary has kindly pencilled both dates in for us, but personally I am more inclined to go for the August date (don't know why but it just sounds nicer!).I have promised to let her know within 7 days which day we would prefer.So just to confirm. £61.00 for 36 holes, coffee/bacon rolls, ham egg and chips at lunchtime and a two course evening meal.Sounds good to me.Please could you indicate your preferred date.TaRob

20th Aug for me.

Dave The Slice wrote (see)

20th Aug for me.

That's looking favourite to be honest Dave.I have posted about the day over on the Golf Monthly forum, have about 10 interested players so far and they have all expressed the 20th as their preferred choice.So I think it's safe to mark it in your diary mate!

Will do Rob. Cheers.

Rob,20th is in my diary!

Have sixteen interested so far.........1    SMUFTER2    MURPHTHEMOG 3    GOLFMMAD 4    HOMER? 5    RICHARD C 6    RICHARD C's FATHER IN LAW 7    LEFTIE 8    SNEDS 9    PIEMAN 10  RICKG 11  JUSTONEUK 12  DAVE THE SLICE 13  BRATTY 14  CAPT GRAY ? 15  HERONSGHYLL 16  GUYAnyone for a 36 hole medal????

Anymore for anymore?????

Have sixteen interested so far.........1    SMUFTER2    MURPHTHEMOG 3    GOLFMMAD 4    HOMER? 5    RICHARD C 6    RICHARD C's FATHER IN LAW 7    LEFTIE 8    SNEDS 9    PIEMAN 10  RICKG11  JUSTONEUK12  DAVE THE SLICE13  BRATTY14  CAPT GRAY ?15  HERONSGHYLL16  GUY17  LIG36 hole medal?  I can't hold it together for 6 holes let alone 36!!

18 players now, still a couple of spaces available... 1    SMUFTER2    MURPHTHEMOG 3    GOLFMMAD 4    HOMER? 5    RICHARD C 6    RICHARD C's FATHER IN LAW 7    LEFTIE 8    SNEDS 9    PIEMAN 10  RICKG11  JUSTONEUK12  DAVE THE SLICE13  BRATTY14  CAPT GRAY ?15  HERONSGHYLL16  GUY17  LIG18  VISCOUNT17

Booking form and deposit have gone off.Earliest we can tee off in the morning is 9.30 so we have the tee booked from then, playing in 3 balls.If we allow 4 hours for the morning round and an hour for lunch this will give us an afternoon teeing off time of 2.30. Last group won't get in until just after 7.00pm (unless the pace of play is fairly quick) so I'll arrange the evening meal for around 7.45 to give people enough time to shower and change. This means we won't be leaving the club until around 8.45-9.00 or so (not going to stand on ceremony afterwards!). Hope this is looking OK with everybody????Any questions, please ask.Rob

Fantastic, Rob!Once again, great work and looking forward to it. Thanks a million!

A few of the lads on the Golf Monthly forum don't fancy 36 holes of medal play, and to be honest it will be quite tough.They have suggested a team Stableford comp in the morning, going out as 3 balls and the best 2 scores on each hole going down on the card. If we sort out the groupings nearer the time and try to even out the handicaps accordingly that should work ok. Then we can play an 18 hole individual medal in the afternoon, which will sort the men out from the boys....whadya reckon????

Bump.........for anybody else remotely interested.