The GM Forum is Alive & Kicking Summer Meeting

369 posts / 0 new

Great day out in the funshine. Many thanks to Tim E - and his golf club - for making it worth the trip. Would love to knock it around there again, now I know the doglegs. Course was well presented and the greens were in lovely condition. Company was also good, as always, at a Golfmagic get together. Nice to see some of the regulars again.    

Many thanks Tim for getting everything up and running for us all .sterling job well done mate.   The course was in great nick but unfortunately for the funkster not the golf .I still can't putt worth a dam. The company was excellent and we did at least bring the individual winner home out f of our fourball ,well played nifty Nigel.as for Taz and my good self I think it would be prudent to say we have had better days .and that leaves our very own Charlie Lemay as our shot of the day winner by driving a par four . It was truly good seeing old faces and reaffirming old friendships.and meeting new people . A good days golfing and banter was had by all .cheers guys.

Wow what a day! Great weather and great company ... Superb course with something for everyone.  Thanks Tim for all your efforts , everything was organised superbly. Loved playing the course , and it was in top condition ! The greens were superb , very fast and true , and receptive to a little spin!  Thanks to Jay  , Richie and Greg for some laugh out loud moments and some good golf to boot.   Great to meet some familiar faces and some new too!  

Westwood?........

I'd better get up the range, if I intend to have a bash / slash.....

well what can i add to the above not a lot as its already been said,great day out,nice n warm. great company,some good golf between the 4 of us. cheers to bill for doing the driving.  

Thank you Tim for organising another great GM day.

The course was immaculate and the greens, well, all the comments above are much deserved - and then some!

Nice to see everyone again (old and new faces) and I enjoyed holding all of the prizes and trophy again...before handing them over to the much deserved winners. Well done Nifty.

I played like a twonk but couldn't have been any happier doing it. Thanks for the company guys and putting up with it! A cracking pint of Bombardier soon sorted that out.

The worst thing about the whole day was the drive back to my digs!

Thanks you all for your very kind words and I'm pleased that you all appear to have enjoyed playing at John O'Gaunt. The weather always helps but more importantly it's the company that makes the day and once again we've proved that Golf Magic golf days are cracking events and well worth doing. Special thanks to my playing partners, Bridgey, Chris and Topbanana, superb company. Bridgey hit a couple of huge drives and I mean HUGE - how he managed to walk away from both holes with blobs is one I'm still trying to figure out

Thanks to Tim for organising such a great day. I can only echo the previous posts - it was perfect, especially as I now have in my possession the one major Jordan Speith cant win the 'GM Forum Open trophy'  This now sits proudly on my sideboard and I promise to defend it next year where ever it may be held. Thanks also for some great company Taz, Funky & Charlie who after some of the assignments he talked about I am very envious (any time you fancy a job swap let me know). It's funny how walking into a room the people you meet are only known to you as aliases - you sort of know them but only by the written word. It only took a few minutes to realise that these people are as friendly in person as they are on the site. It would have been nice to have spent more time exchanging banter but I know people have to make some very long  journeys home. I look forward to defending this title next year and picking up again with the friends that I've made, Tim once again many thanks.  

Thoroughly enjoyed the outing - thanks to all for accommodating me and especially Tim for organising.  And congratulations Nifty - that Monty-esque swing worked wonders! Cherish that coveted trophy!    

I think it all has been said. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks Tim for a well organised bash and special thanks to my playing partners for putting up with me. roll on the next one

I'm certain I'd get a birdie in the Nawab Lounge...chicken chilli massala!

Tim E wrote (see)

Special thanks to my playing partners, Bridgey, Chris and Topbanana, superb company. Bridgey hit a couple of huge drives and I mean HUGE - how he managed to walk away from both holes with blobs is one I'm still trying to figure out . 

I think it was evident to anyone blessed with the gift of sight, as to why I blobbed from such marvellous tee shots - I'm shoite! But you were too kind to point that out 

Huge thanks to Tim E for the organisation & putting up with our continual questions relating to dog-leg layup areas, dress code, dinner menu, etc. from me & our two top notch playing partners Bridgey & Chris Curry. Great fun all day, although I thought the greens were a little too perfect thus allowing me no cope out excuses for missing from 3, 4, 5 , 6 , 7, etc. feet...if only I could putt like Mr Curry!   Managed to avoid any prizes as befits a First Timer at these events. A pleasure seeing Lefty nail the Par 3's with his 9 iron.   I think the club did Tim credit. Great place to hold a Society Day & I'm sure a good club to join if you're anywhere local to the course   Looking forward to the next meet wherever & when ever that may be.   p.s. Bridgey, get your Pro to weaken your grip from Superglue to strong to stop that power draw/hook off the tee

Topbanana wrote (see)

p.s. Bridgey, get your Pro to weaken your grip from Superglue to strong to stop that power draw/hook off the tee

Said in the style of Jeremy Clarkson..     POWER!!!!!!   AND SPEEEEED!!!!!     How'd the scan go, TB? Well played by the way

And the only pro I'll likely be seeing anytime soon will not be a golf pro............

Sounds like a fantastic day was had and I actually did think about you whilst kicking my dearest husband's shins  got my membership suspended until I can get out there again 'I'll be back' !!

Good luck on that Minxy, we missed yourself and the good Ms Whiplash on the day.

Top Banana: if you go back through the annals of time on this site, around 2004-2005, I used to dream of a 2-putt I was that shocking on the greens. Only taken 10yrs and now I'm just as bad as Lee Westwood!

Topbanana wrote (see)

p.s. Bridgey, get your Pro to weaken your grip from Superglue to strong to stop that power draw/hook off the tee

Do you mean grip strength i.e. strangling it, TB, or hand positioning? And if the latter, left, right, or both?   And how did the MRI go?   CHeers

Pages