Talkback: EZiCaddy: New name in powered trolleys

45 posts / 0 new
Talkback: EZiCaddy: New name in powered trolleys
the web link at the end of the article is incorrect

it should be .co.uk

USB charging port ... classic UK innovating !! Weird about the web address because the .com address works with the products pages etc eg ..... http://www.ezicaddy.com/ezicaddy-golf-trolleys-c-1.html and http://www.ezicaddy.com/ works too, and the .co.uk address get forwarded anyway

direct link from the article works now

Well....given that my Motocaddy S1 is now at least 6 yrs old and once more the battery is in need of replacement I have gone the whole hog and ordered myself an EziCaddy EZi5 complete with Lithium battery. Despite the manufacturers protestations (in an email to me) that they have designed every element of the trolley from the ground up, the EziCaddy looks near identical in many respects to the Motocaddy designs, including the oval Aircraft Grade Aluminium frame and the Digital Display which is as far as I can tell the same unit as in the Motocaddy S3....not to mention the same use of the phrase "whisper quiet" to describe the motor. Given the EziCaddy is £150 cheaper than the Motocaddy it is going to be interesting to see how it stacks up in terms of quality. With a 28 day money back guarantee and a 2 yr warranty on the trolley and Lithium battery it seems a risk worth taking.

Impressive start. Order placed at 14:40. Order dispatched at 15:21

I've always admired the Motocaddy, even though I use a GoKart.  It will be interesting thing to see how this stacks up.  Let us know how you get on.

due for delivery today between 14:17 and 15:17.

hmm .. i may reply to everyone with an inane question .. perhaps you should do 1 line answers and we can build up a full interview review...

it must have arrived by now Ossie? is it unpacked ?

Ossie (6.7) wrote (see)

Chris Tandy wrote (see)

does it?

you missed the opportunity to put the ? in a post of its own you're just not very good at this H2H malarkey are you ?

Chris Tandy wrote (see)

it must have arrived by now Ossie? is it unpacked ?

You must be patient Grasshopper. Indeed it is all now unpacked, the battery is on charge and waiting for Sunday. Of course I have some initial thoughts about the trolley, the instructiuons and the bag.....but I have just made it in from the pub so these will have to wait until tomorrow evening!!!

Firstly, a teaser before the main event. Along with the EziCaddy trolley comes (for a limited time only) a free cart bag. I thought I’d give this bag an overview before getting stuck in to the trolley itself.The bag comes in one colour scheme, a modern looking grey, white and black with orange accents on the EziCaddy logo. In general it appears to be well made of reasonable quality materials. The aesthetics might not be to every ones taste but they work well with the range of EziCaddy trolley colour options. I’m not going to document all the features of the bag….anyone can go to the website and see this for themselves….I’m just going to comment on some of these features and what I consider to be some of the pros and cons. Firstly the good bits… The bag features two grab handles on the front, one towards the top and one towards the base of the bag….these are perfectly well place to allow two handed hauling of the bag in and out of the car boot….often bags will not have the lower handle. All front pockets have dual zips so you can open each pocket from the top…rather than having a zip that goes all the way round and effectively opening up from the side. The dual zip avoids the possibility of bits “leaking out” from the side when you open the pocket up. The insulated pouch is large and you could easily fit two half litre bottles in there. The bottom front pocket is also very large and has plenty of space. The upper front pocket is a bit smaller than it could have been but is plenty big enough to hold a goodly supply of tees, ball markers, pitch forks and other small accessories.The web loop for the brolly spike to sit in is also of a decent size….too often these are too small and tight to get the spike to sit in comfortably and you end up “fishing” for the hole. contd....

And the cons…. The zips are somewhat stiff and occasionally seem to stick but this is something that I’d expect to ease over a period of time so perhaps I’m being churlish to mention it. However….the major failings of this bag are based around the dedicated putter well. Firstly (and this failing is not unique to the EziCaddy bag) the tube is too narrow for many of the increasingly common oversized putter grips. I can just get my putter with its Super Stroke SLIM grip down into the putter well….but getting it out is a total struggle. The reason for this is that the top 3” or so of the putter well is lined with a neoprene like material….no doubt to protect the putter shaft from rubbing on the wall of the well. The tacky compound of the rubber grip “grabs” the neoprene lining when you try to remove the putter and you have to use some force to get it out….this tends to result in the lining being pulled up inside the well or potentially being completely turned inside out, resulting in you having to push the lining back down inside the well. Admittedly this is exacerbated by the very snug fit of the SS SLIM grip inside the well but I could imagine players who use other mid/large sized soft rubber compound grips (Lamkin Crossline Mega Paddle, Winn AVS Midsize/Jumbo immediately spring to mind) would also be frustrated on occasion by this. The point may seem minor to many but with the increasing numbers of oversized grips available, bag manufacturers will need to “wise up” to this trend. This trend for larger grips is something that many have forecast may well appear in wedges in the near future…so manufacturers may well also need to look at well size in the main bag area…especially if full length dividers are being used. The second failing of the putter well is that it effectively sits inside of one of the larger side pockets and appears to rob it of a significant amount of space. Now, these two major cons are obviously of particular concern to me….for a user of a normally gripped putter the first becomes totally irrelevant, as does the second if you are not the sort of player who likes to load up his bag. TBH I don’t often fill both big side pockets on my current bag but it frustrates me when I see this senseless waste of bag space when it is easy to build a putter well that sits outside any of the pockets. In many respects this bag reminds me of Motocaddys very first attempt at building a cart bag…..it too suffered from exactly the same design failings with regards to the putter well in addition to having poorly designed front pockets….at least the EziCaddy’s front pockets are generally voluminous and easily accessible. For reference the cart bag I use of choice is a Sun Mountain C-130….it doesn’t have a lower grab handle and the very bottom pocket is a single zip side opening affair. It does however have a large external putter well, two very large, two medium and two small side pockets, in addition to 3 large front pockets. In my opinion it is the standard by which other cart bag manufacturers should judge their offerings. In summary I’d give the EziCaddy bag a 8.5/10 for construction, aesthetics and materials used, whilst it gets a 7.5/10 for design and layout.

does it have full length dividers?

Chris Tandy wrote (see)

does it have full length dividers?

Yes.

14?

Yes 14 full length dividers. and now the moment youve all been waiting for....but you are going to have to wait for a full operational review….. this next piece documents my “out of the box” experience in setting up the trolley. By the way I bought an Ezi5 with the Lithium battery option in white with grey trim. OK….so you’ve got this big box and you open it up. Inside you’ll find the main chassis of the trolley, the front wheel assembly, battery, charger and a small bag containing instructions, some nuts and bolts to fix the front wheel and a small spanner. The only thing you need to provide yourself is a Pozidrive screwdriver. You will need quite a large one as the supplied bolts are quite soft and using an undersized driver can chew them up easily. OK…attaching the front wheel assembly was pretty self-explanatory, but rather than dive in and do it myself I thought I would reference the instructions to see if I could follow them. The instructions were clear enough but, if for comfort you wanted to refer to the supplied pictures, I’d have to say that they were too small, lacking in clarity and detail and the text overprinted on the pictures was in about 2pt font….anyone with eyesight issues would have found the pictures useless. The main body text is also quite small. As an example there is a picture of the bolt assembly showing the order of bolt, washer, spacer, spacer, washer and nut, but it is so indistinct that you can hardly see the differences between the washer and spacer. Its great trying to use real world photographs to demonstrate what you are saying in text but sometimes a simple line drawing is actually a great deal clearer. The front wheel assembly is held on to the main frame by two such bolt assemblies. It is best to install and tighten the bolt closest to the wheel first, before installing the other one. If you do it the other way round or install both bolts before tightening you find that the bolt assembly furthest away from the wheel makes it clumsy to get the spanner to the nut on the assembly closest to the wheel. With the wheel installed you can now erect the trolley. This is a simple action of unlocking the handle from the base of the chassis (it is locked in place for transit) by pushing a lever, folding out the handle and clicking into place at the main central locking mechanism. The locking mechanism operates confidently and with a solid feel. For space saving the front wheel is “collapsible” use of a small lever unlocks the wheel allowing it to fold back on itself. I felt that the release lever was perhaps a bit more flimsy.Erected the trolley looked attractive and smart with the supplied cart bag installed….i chose a white version with grey trim…the orange trimmed version was just a bit to garish for my middle aged taste! contd....

.... The bag itself has a “shoe hole” which sits snugly on the lower base plate of the trolley and prevents it from rotating and is further held in place by two straps at the bottom and top of the bag. The lower strap is of a single tube of what appears to be silicone rubber…I personally felt it was too long and didn’t really grip the bag tightly….maybe only a couple of inches shorter and it would have been a snugger fit. I suppose with the foot/shoe preventing the bag from rotating this doesn’t really need to be awfully tight but anyone using a normal cart bag might appreciate a bit more grip to prevent rotation. The upper strap is a far more robust affair consisting of a “dual bungee” strap and a pair of “moveable arms” to grab the bag. The bungee just stretches round the top and hooks into the opposite arm providing a very solid and secure grip. One point to note is that the upper bag rest actually sits on the lower part of the frame, below the central locking mechanism….this means that the upper handle doesn’t actually bear any weight whatsoever, thus putting very little strain on the locking mechanism itself. On trolleys such as the Motocaddy S1/S3 the upper bag rests sits on the upper handle. I’ll be honest in 6 yrs of owning an S1 I never once had a problem with the locking mechanism so perhaps the placement of the upper bag rest is not an issue. The height adjustment system is easy to adjust and provides a reasonable scope for adjustment of handle position I didn’t measure it myself but the website indicates a 9cm difference between the highest and lowest settings. One thing though is that you can only adjust the handle height whilst the trolley is in its collapsed state and I’d advise you to undo the locking bolt a bit more than the 6mm advised in the manual before trying to adjust the height!! Another nice feature is the front wheel “tracking adjustment” screw. By flicking a small lever by the wheel you can then manually adjust using fingers the tracking by turning a small Allen style bolt. I did this without any load (i.e. bag full of clubs) on the trolley in the warmth of my house…I’m yet to try it with a fully loaded bag in the rain with cold wet fingers….it might be a bit more difficult to adjust in those circumstances!!! The trolley itself is sturdy and well built, if somewhat “lightly balanced”…again I’ve yet to load it up with a heavy bag but it will be interesting to see how it balances when loaded. The handle seems to be comfortable, consisting of a mixture of hard plastic and a softer more textured rubber. contd...

... Finally we come to the battery. When assembled the battery tray sits at an angle facing the user (as you approach from behind the trolley) and you literally just put the battery into the battery tray and the fixed Torberry connectors match up with the opposite sexed connectors in the  tray, the battery clicks into place and away you go. Battery removal is by means of pressing a lever to disengage the locking mechanism that holds the battery in place. One comment I’d make about this method of connection is that you can’t just lob the battery carelessly into place…I’d take care to ensure that the connectors are married up before pushing it gently into place….if there seems to be any resistance to pushing the battery into place I’d step back, adjust the position slightly and try again. It’s my experience that Torberry connectors can become brittle with age and can on occasion snap. Given that the connecting mechanism appears to be integral to the battery and within the trolley base I’m not sure how easy it would be to replace connectors if damage was to occur. As to the battery itself. I’ve bought the Lithium version and it’s going to be lovely to not have to wield an 8kg lump from the car boot onto the trolley. But there is a downside to the battery… The battery comes with an integral moulded handle. Why oh why oh why (sound like someone off points of view!!) couldn’t the designers have just thought about this for just 10 seconds and actually come up with a handle that has some space underneath for you to actually put your fingers round. I’ve not got the biggest hands or the fattest fingers in the land and I can just about get my finger and thumb to touch around the handle such is the narrowness of the gap. If the normal heavier battery has this same flaw then I can’t see too many folks being happy at having to pick up an 8kg lump literally in their fingertips. Come on EziCaddy….this is fundamental….what was it that caused this? You didn’t canvas GM members on the battery handle design did you? Anyway….with battery in place and the display lit up like an Xmas tree I drove it round my spare room for a total of 38m. I sincerely hope that the irritating electrical high pitched whine (similar to a worn differential on a car for those of you who are old enough to know what a worn diff sounds like!!) that I heard is something that will dissipate with time as the trolley gets run in. Other than that it seemed reasonably quiet. Sadly the pub beckoned and that was about all I could do with regards playing with the EziCaddy. Tonight I’m going to familiarise myself with the buttons, display and various functions and tomorrow I’ll be testing out the tracking adjustment system and seeing how the trolley balances with a full load. On Sunday it will actually get a real world test during a round of golf. So far it seems like a largely well designed and thought out trolley, pitched at a sensible price point compared to the equivalent competition (its £150 cheaper than the similarly specified Motocaddy S3)…any issues at this stage (such as the battery handle) are purely minor and are highlighted to show how close this trolly is to being nigh on perfect.

So sausage fingers is the trolley light when folded up? And are the wheels permanently attached.

The trolley is the same weight folded up as it is when it is assembled. (minus battery of course). The wheels can be removed if you need to.

Good work Nick. Was that 38 miles or 38 metres round your spare room? The 18-hole lead acid battery on my review sample was much quieter than yours, it seems, though I take your point over the battery handle. However, it's only a a minor hardship. As for the bag, I can't fault it and I liked the putter slot which held my standard sized grip nicely. The bespoke Golfstream bag that comes with Golfstream Revolution trolley has a tray and clip arrangement that would have held your fat putter grip (inverted) but it wasn't ideal and the makers had to replace the bag when the plastic clip at the top snapped. Look forward to the rest of your review. ED

A quick update regarding the bag. The website states that it has two large side pockets and two smaller sidepockets (one being a fur line valuables pocket). In actualt fact the bag has only one of the smaller sidepockets. For a few moments whilst writing the bag review yesterday I thought I was going mad when I checked the website and it stated 2 smaller sidepockets.....it is only this morning that I've been able to check  and confirm that I was right. Something to raise with the manaufacturers who so far have been very qucik and preompt to respond to all of my queries, both before purchase and after purchase. Loaded a full cart bag on the trolley this morning and found that it is easy to adjust the tracking screw whislt under load. Also the trolley is very stable when fully loaded and will not be prone to backwards tipping when going uphill. Compared side by side with my S1 it is virtually identiacally sized and of a very similar weight. If you like the S1/S3 standard fixed handle position you will almost certainly prefer to set the EziCaddy handle in the lowest position.

Well I used the tolley "for real" yesterday during a comp. Am waiting for manufacturer responses to a couple of questions that I sent via email this morning before posting the final part of the review.

OK.....response recieved.....so on with the final episode of this saga. Well yes....what can I say....it fit in the boot of my car easily (like I knew it would because I'd done my research and found it was a similar size to my S1). It was easy to unfold, the battery clicked into place simply without issue, I loaded up my bag (my SunMountain....not the supplied eziCaddy bag), turned the speed dial and away we went. The trolley was reasonably quiet in operation...though it did have the annoying high pitched whine mentioned previously - albeit low volume but still irritating nonetheless. Hopefully this will disappear with time. After spending time adjusting the tracking when I first got it the trolley seemed to travel in a straight line....I let it freewheel down a few "test hills" and it certainly did a better job of staying on the path that I'd sent it on than my Motocaddy ever did!! My bag stayed nicely on it (I found a way of making the lower strap fit more tightly round my bag) without twisting too much. The digital display was nice and bright and clear and should be easily readable in bright sunlit conditions. The battery seemed to last well and only one single green bar had disappeared at the end of the round. The speed control was reasonably responsive but I didnt figure out whether turning the control increased speed analoguously or whether the speed changes only occurred in stepped increments as the setting increased from 1 to 2 to 3 etc. I found the continual counting up of yards travelled somewhat distracting so changed the distance display setting to "lifetime distance" which sits nicely in "miles" (you can change to metric units if you wish). The speed control is very light in operation and trying to turn it as your were going along was something of a hit or miss affair to set the desired speed....especially on a bumpy surface. The other two control buttons were perhaps a bit spongy in operation and it sometimes took a couple of presses to get the appropriate response. The trolley was very light to steer and the handles were comfortable in use. One positive point....the front wheel has a solid "hub cap" so dirt doesnt accumulate within the wheel like it does on "open wheels". I found the treaded tires to be a bit of a waste of time in the soft conditions as the indentations just became clogged with mud turning the tyre back into a "slick"....cleaning the mud out of the indentations then became a pain. The Automatic Distance Function was a joy to use and simple and effective in operation, allowing you to send the trolley off for a specified distance in 5 yards increments.....the longest I sent it was 35yards....maybe during another round I'll see how far you can tell it to go! However....I was somewhat disconcerted to see that the ADF function was disabled when you put the trolley into competition mode. Comp Mode disables all of the distance measurement functions to allow its use at courses where a local rule allowing DMD's is not in place. I was surprised to find ADF was disabled under these circumstances. A query with the manufacturer actually revealed some logic to this in that it could be possible for someone to use the ADF feature to help estimate how far their next shot was. Example.... your ball lies somewhere between 150yd marker and the green. You estimate that it is 35 yards ahead.....you set the trolley to run for 35 yards and send it on its way. The trolley stops next to your ball....you know that the 35yd estimate was right and that you have 115yds to go. The trolley stops short of the ball....well, I'm sure you get the picture. Convoluted scenario?? I think so. But not beyond the realms of possibility so I can understand the manufacturers thinking. contd....

Finally.... Reliability....and Customer Service....obviously these areas of the EziCaddy product experience will not be tested for some while, though the initial contact I've had with the company gives me confidence in this area, as does a 2yr warranty on the trolley and Lithium battery. Only the failure to deal well with a  fundamental failure that reveals itself on a large number of trolleys  will blight the EziCaddy brand (I'm thinking of something like Motocaddys repeated axle failures on early S1's which they really didnt deal with well and refused to acknowledge were down to any design or component failure). So....in summary....the EziCaddy is a well built, well specified, efficient and modern looking trolley that does everything a trolley needs to do and does it well. It is priced at a point that sets it well below its obvious competition and should sell bucket loads.

An update.... Following on from my review here, which was well recieved by EziCaddy, I've had various email messages back and forth with EziCaddy discussing various aspects of the review and EziCaddys response. One of the things they queried was my experience with the battery handle and the lack of a gap and following me doing some measurements EziCaddy decided that the battery case was not as it should be and told me they wanted to replace it. Well today a new battery has arrived and I can report that there is much more clearance between the handle and the case....I can easily get my hand under the handle...not just the tips of my fingers.....so it looks like I had a rogue battery that was not representative of normal standards. Thumbs up to EziCaddy for their attention in thsi matter.

Definately looking into this lithium business (given the weight and constant 10mnth life of lead acid) and in particular the ezicaddy. Wondering if the 18 hole batt is enough to deliver 27 holes and not damage. In my experience extended range batts die out quicker if not drained properly but I wonder if this also applies to tyhe extended range lithium - might drop them a line

theballboy wrote (see)

Definately looking into this lithium business (given the weight and constant 10mnth life of lead acid) and in particular the ezicaddy. Wondering if the 18 hole batt is enough to deliver 27 holes and not damage. In my experience extended range batts die out quicker if not drained properly but I wonder if this also applies to tyhe extended range lithium - might drop them a line

The way I look at it is that the battery DOES NOT KNOW how many holes it has done. Rating batteries for holes in my opinion is convenient but meaningless. I've done 18 holes several times now with my EziCaddy and have just lost a single bar of battery strength on the "meter". I beleive that it would quite comfortably cope with 36 holes. At the end of the day though if 36 put too much drain on the cell then it wouldnt be too much of an embuggerance to buy the Lithium battery for normal regular day to day use and an additional Lead Acid jobby for those occaisions where perhaps 36 holes are required, or for when you're away for two or three days and dont have the opportunity to charge batteries.

well Its not 36 really Im looking to do - Always play 9 holes of our par 3 course before a comp on our main 18 hole so looking for it to do that . Sounds like if only one bar gone after a round then it should cope with that admirably

Well....4 months on and given that i've had a couple of questions drop into my inbox from other forum members I thought I'd do a brief update as to my EziCaddie experience. Firstly the electronic whine mentioned in my original review... It seems to have diminished a litle bit but that is possibly my brain "filtering it out". In all honesty....its something that you might notice running the trolley in a quiet room with the wheels off the ground (so the only noises are the motor whirr which is very quiet and the whine which is at a lower volume level than the motor whirr)....when you get out on the course and there is "ground noise" as the trolley runs along the whine is not something that you will notice at all. I've had one very recent very minor issue where the clock on the digital display "froze"....all other display functions continued to operate as normal but the clock froze at 16:15. Disconnecting power didnt solve the isse but resetting the clock did...I've now played three rounds since this happened and the clock appears to be working normally. Other than that I hav had no issues with the trolley whatsoever....it continues to function well, I've never had to adjust the tracking mechanism since initially setting the trolley up and the trolley continues to run in a consistent straight line. Basically in the four months of ownership I've come across nothing that has made me regret my purchase and have no hesitation in recommending an EziCaddy to anyone thinking of buying an electric trolley.

So....nearly a year on....hows the EziCaddy performing? Bloody marvellously. The clock has frozen once more but that was easily resettable. Other than that I havent had a single issue. The previously mentioned whine....I just dont notice it anymore....indeed it cannot be heard over the noisy whirring motors of my playing partners Powakaddys and is often drowned out by the noise of wheels on cart paths....its basically a non issue. I have two batteries.....the Lithium that I bought with the trolley and a Lead Acid one that I purchased subsequently. I can get 36 holes out of the Lithium but that is pushing it a bit. If i know i'm going to do 36 in a day then I'll resort to the lead acid as backup...usually this only happens in important comps. Often though i've played ona  Sunday and then gone out to play during the week with the batery not being charged in between and managed a second 18 holes. Usually though I alternate between the two bateries with one charging in the garage and the other charged in the boot of the car. Mechanically the trolley is still sound, there appears to be no "loosening" or wobble cause by wear of locking mechanisms or similar general wear and tear. the Ezi 5 is a pleasure to use and I really just cannot find fault with this trolley.

I concur. As does the guy I just sold it to to buy a Clicgear. Holds its value too

I've been wavering between buying a powacaddy or motocaddy then I read this forum and included ezi caddy in the list. maybe it is early days for ezi product and they haven't sold the numbers that pk or mc have but I have searched the Internet for issues, problems or negative comments concerning ezi and Found nothing!  I rang ezi's customer service a couple of days ago to check what was included if I bought the ezi5 with lithium battery and was amazed that included was iPhone holder, drink container, umbrella holder and carry bag. The price difference between ezi and pk/mc is truly significant. If ezi product lives upto the reviews and experience to date then I can see them take a large part of the market. I wonder how pk/mc will react? please continue this forum and I will let you know what my decision is. 

Assuming that ezicaddy is the equal of Powacaddy and motocaddy, you will save £50. but if it goes wrong you can't just dump it at your pro shop who will send it back for you and give you a replacement to use. Instead you will have to find a large box and stay in all day for collection. im sure they will sell a few but all the time it is online and not in shops, sales will be limited. The fact that they use a model specific at they is also a negative.

If I left my PK at my pro shop it'd still be there weeks later as they're not a PK dealer Remind me what trolleys you sell in your shop Ding? As best I can tell from the above Ezi's customer service is second to none and, if it's anything like GoKart's, they'll send you a loan trolley when they collect yours.

I do Motocaddy, wouldn't touch Powacaddy. Havent had 1 go wrong in the 3 years I have been stocking them. as pros we really only have the choice of 2 brands.

Do Motocaddy give out loaners if the trolley gets a fault Ding? First I've heard of it.

Ding a ling wrote (see)

I do Motocaddy, wouldn't touch Powacaddy. Havent had 1 go wrong in the 3 years I have been stocking them. as pros we really only have the choice of 2 brands.

I understand that you are a Motocaddy supplier but you do seem to enjoy having a dig at the competition.  First GoKart, then EziCaddy and also now, indirectly, Powakaddy.

No not really. I think the go kart looks cheap. I have no opinion on the ezicart apart from the hassle of dealing with an Internet company when things go wrong. Powacaddy have had reliability issues for years. i have no love for motocaddy, just a reliable product. and Georgie motocaddy don't do anything but any decent retailer would loan you one if you had a fault with yours. i bought a motocaddy and the bastards didn't even do a pros own use discount  

He's not even a pro. Or got a pro shop. The boy's a fantasist.

To be fair Ding, you suggest the trolley being picked up from your home is an inconvenience. Others may think having to load the trolley into the car and then drive it to the pro (if that's who you bought it from) to drop it off and then do the same round trip when repaired more of an inconvenience. Plus a loaner is never guaranteed (unless it's a GoKart).

Made the decision to purchase an Ezi5 lithium battery golf trolley. Phoned order in on Friday afternoon and received a text message saying delivery would take place on Monday between 1 and 2 pm. It arrived exactly at 1 pm As promised. Excellent delivery. Trolley and battery plus free extras (cart carry bag, iPhone, drink and brolly holders And cart golf bag). 30 minutes later assembled, handle height adjusted and battery installed. 20 minutes around the garden with full clubs and side pockets full, demonstrated a completely quiet motor and smooth travel. Played in competition on Tuesday where the trolley performed outstandingly well. Although I had read instructions for operation the previous day I couldn't remember anything however the intuitive feel to how to start/stop and speed control was there and similar to most Trolleys, so how does it compare with the powakaddy and motocaddy I have used? I have to be honest and say not much to choose but what is different by a significant amount is the customer service to date, price, added extras and knowledge that if something goes wrong it will be replaced and/or loaned within a couple of days. Early days but I feel this was right decision. the feeling of walking up the fairway with a different trolley than everyone's else PK or MC felt good. It feels good to be different sometimes to the mass followers. Just needs Ezi to stay in business for a while! 

Welcome to the EziCaddy club Phil. I've had mine for 18 months or so now and it has performed flawlessly. (and its still under warranty for another 6 months!!)

Well.....less than a month to go before the 2yr mark of owning the Ezicaddy. Issues: The clock has frozen again. whhoopp de-do. Its such a minor inconvenience that I havent betohered to reset it in the last couple of months. Battery life: Shortly after I bought the EZiCaddy back in Jan 2012 I also bought a spare lead acid battery so I could rotate the batteries, keeping one on charge whilst the other was in the boot of my car. Quite often I forget that the one in the car has allready done 18 holes (doesnt matter which) and play again with it....only once has the bateery failed to make it round the 2nd 18 holes and that was a couple of weeks ago with temperatures down close to zero (lead battery). i have total and utter confidence that both batteries are good for 27 holes in all conditions and 36 in the summer months....even though they are not "rated" for that distance. Frankly....I just cant fault this product....i've looked for flaws hard. There arent any.

After 42 months I've found a flaw with the EziCaddy. Being white, it shows up the dirt.