Insoles for golf shoes

21 posts / 0 new
Insoles for golf shoes

Recently been feeling the cleats pushing a bit on the balls of my feet and need to get a comfortable barrier.

I've just ordered some 'memory foam' type insoles from Ebay (new) for about £1.75, as a first foray, but not too confident they will perform well or last very long.

Can anyone recommend some known good quality long lasting insoles that will perform well in golf shoes?

Many thanks in advance.

Memory foam insoles feel awesome, but as you say they do not tend to last as long as you'd like before they begin bottoming out.  This is about the best quality one you will find in my opinion: http://langergrp.com/rx-airwalk-p-1240.html?zenid=as2uhso37iu0t8j95o8grfrrt6More durable insoles are often not memory foam but materials with different load deformation characteristics (i.e they are stiffer --> i.e. they dont feel quite so soft and nice).  If its durability you are after then try an insole in the 'Sorbothane' range (just a google search away).

I recommend new shoes

Cheers Grifflar,Memory foam ones arrived in the post today.Also thinking of getting the Sorbothane double strike ones (bally expensive but needs must).Also found these Dunlop ones at Sports Direct for £2 - http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-cushion-insole-750215

Tried the memory foam ones today for 9 holes. What a difference! Total comfort. My left calf isn't aching after as it had been after walking along trying to avoid the cleats. Also tendon from ball to big toe stress free.I played pretty well today too.

Im after some insoles as well. Knackered the middle of my foot (plantar fascial ligament apparently??) which is killing me every step i take. Ive heard good things about footdisc hardboot (apparently i need some with decent arch support) but they are properly mega expensive (£35 for a pair!! ) Will keep looking i think lol Si

Chocky wrote (see)

Im after some insoles as well. Knackered the middle of my foot (plantar fascial ligament apparently??) which is killing me every step i take. Si

Get yourself to the docs and request a podiatrist appointment. I get my insoles made up for me by the hospital (the're so good I have not had to have a new set in years)*.AS to OP my, bought, sorbothane inserts have lasted years.* These days, outside of golf I mainly live in good walking shoes which have very good arch support and I never buy a pair of shoes which do not have good arch support.

I think 'superfeet' are what you're after. Pricey but many swear by them.

yer maw wrote (see)

I think 'superfeet' are what you're after. Pricey but many swear by them.

Awesome thanks very much Just ordered a pair of superfeet green. Cheers againSi

Thought I'd post an update. After about 5 or 6 rounds the foam insoles did break down and lost their comfort.Bought a pair of 'Sorbothane full strike' (these are the thin ones with full sole support) from amazon and they are doing very well after about 4 rounds so far. You do seem to notice less thud as you put your feet down and a general comfortable feel to walking.I'm thinking of buying these for all my shoes now.

Im after some insoles as well. Knackered the middle of my foot (plantar fascial ligament apparently??) which is killing me every step i take. Read more: http://www.golfmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?v=8&urn=5&utn=42340&umn=#ixzz1SXvipOA5 hi chocky u can also try rolling a golf ball under ur foot right on the pain for 5-10 mins twice a day. I have the same under my left foot and my brother who is a sports physio recommended this in between treatment and it really does help. If u go for treatment be prepared for some pain as it really hurts but is well worth it.

flanny wrote (see)

Im after some insoles as well. Knackered the middle of my foot (plantar fascial ligament apparently??) which is killing me every step i take. Read more: http://www.golfmagic.com/forum/forummessages.asp?v=8&urn=5&utn=42340&umn=#ixzz1SXvipOA5 hi chocky u can also try rolling a golf ball under ur foot right on the pain for 5-10 mins twice a day. I have the same under my left foot and my brother who is a sports physio recommended this in between treatment and it really does help. If u go for treatment be prepared for some pain as it really hurts but is well worth it.

How about pulling the big toe back with a piece of tubigrip round the toe and ankle and another tubigrip going round the foot with a golfball underneath pulling in on the ligament. (Obviously you will be sitting or lying down and not walking on it!) It is VERY painfull but it's helping me get my foot stretched at the moment. If the golf ball underneath the foot is too painfull, just using a tubigrip to pull in on the ligament might be enough.

that sounds ok too pithead just don't do it for too long or u'll damage the tendon even more.

Hi there Golfeet Custom Comfort Insoles are an exciting, innovative solution to ease the discomfort many of us endure whilst playing golf, and are taylored to your feet. During a typical round of golf you will usually walk between 5-7 miles, depending on your ability of course. This can often leave you with aching feet, perhaps on the balls of your feet, heels or arches. At Golfeet we aim to provide all golfers with an effective affordable insole that can relieve discomfort experienced during your golfing round or practice. With a comfortable supportive base you can be pain free and concentrate on enjoying the wonderful game. Please visit our Twitter @golfeet or our website at www.golfeet.com 

Another spammer dragging up an old thread to sell their product.

Guys this is not spam, I am sharing my personal experience for your good= I have recently discovered an unearthed gem through this YouTube video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06rjQb3-xw, these are new artificial cartilage foam insoles that use Nano Technology in the foam to absorb the shocks before they reach your body. After using them for a while, I can tell you that they have worked like miracle for me and I’d advise you to go and check them yourself at www.artilage.com; they also have an online web store.

Hey someone mentioned superfeet... I gotta say dont go for superfeet they dont work for everyone they actually destroyed up my feet after wearing a pair for a week. Now im searching around for a alternative do you think I have to just keep on trying different pairs until I find the right pair one of my friends recommended these Nuova insoles? any one tried them before? or should I just go for custom insoles and spend money I dont have?

or should I just go for custom insoles and spend money I dont have?Why not, the Greeks do....

I get mine from Lidl or Aldi

Jim Jim Go for custom insoles. In the UK you will not have to a pay a penny with the right doctor.  

Insoles for golf shoes

Quick and easy. The shoes are rugged and fit well. It seems like they'd give my flat feet pretty good support as-is, but my feet are very flat. So I removed the insoles and substituted a pair of orthofeet running inserts. My feet approve.
I'm glad I didn't ignore the "Merchant's suggestion" on the orthofeet product page for these boots. I got ordered the boots a full size larger and wider than my customary sizes. Turned out to be a wise move. Read the product page for whatever you're buying and follow instructions. The folks at HealthyFeetStore.com seem to know what they're doing and care about customer satisfaction