Aiming..

12 posts / 0 new
Aiming..

I need any advice on aiming when using my irons. I can be 5 to 10 yards left or right of the pin.

Any tips.....

Pick a spot on the fairway 5-10 feet in front of your ball and use that as a line up.  A divot, pitch mark, blade of grass, anything. Use that as your line to the green and concentrate on that rather than the end point.

First make sure your irons hit straight. If not, buy a set that does - Mizuno hit pretty straight. Then do as Ste says

OK CS, sorry Taz...

Aim 5 or 10 yards left?

Unsure its the aiming that is wrong? Check your divot what direction is that going in, if its,pointing left your hitting a pull.

Regardless of where you think you're aiming, does you ball actually land where you aimed?

Yes Mike, really really concentrated today and kicked serious ass. Shot a 76 in awful conditions, took on board what Robster said and looked further away for my aiming point. Cheers Chaps...

Well now you've got your aiming sorted and are now shooting in the 70 ' s, fancy a knock at Wallasey sometime soon?

Mike, think Mac forget to mention the 76 was for 9 holes

Mac1 wrote (see)

Yes Mike, really really concentrated today and kicked serious ass. Shot a 76 in awful conditions, took on board what Robster said and looked further away for my aiming point. Cheers Chaps...

I'll send you my bill

Yorkey wrote (see)

Mike, think Mac forget to mention the 76 was for 9 holes

Probably number of putts

Funny fookers.... Yes defo Mike, but I wouldn't red too much on that last game of mine....Just one of them days when your 80 yard pitch has once bounce and in for an EAGLE..... A few birdies and three 6's...