Ball cleaning on Green

17 posts / 0 new
Ball cleaning on Green
With apologies if this has already appeared. This came up in conversation the other day - that anyone wiping their ball on the surface of the green was liable to a penalty. Can anyone confirm this please?

Unless it's done to test the green it's not a penalty. 16-1d/5  Rubbing Ball on Putting Green for Cleaning Purposeshttp://www.usga.org/playing/rules/books/images/blueDot.gif Q. May a player clean his ball by rubbing it on the putting green? A. Yes, provided the act is not for the purpose of testing the surface of the putting green. It is recommended that a ball be cleaned in other ways to eliminate any question as to the player’s intentions.

Thanks Rules Docexcellent reply. 

Well done RD.This is another example of club golfers getting it wrong when their playing partner innocently cleans his ball on the green.   Cleaning it is fine and most people do it, testing the green by rubbing the ball is not allowed, but in UK it is generally not a relevant point as we have no 'grain' or 'nap' to worry about.In the States, Africa or Asia a player could rub his ball on the green to find out which way the grain is going.

Thanks Bob - I do get it right from time to time....

BobWhat is a playing partner ?

can anybody tell me when (what year) this ruling was adopted Peter (/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gifmcguire@klen.com.au]pmcguire@klen.com.au)

the rule i am talking about is the one which permits cleaning of ball by rubbing on the green 16-1d/5  Rubbing Ball on Putting Green for Cleaning  Purposes  

Peter McGuire2 wrote (see)

the rule i am talking about is the one which permits cleaning of ball by rubbing on the green 16-1d/5  Rubbing Ball on Putting Green for Cleaning  Purposes  

the wording of 16-1d has been with us a long time - it was originally introduced in the 1952 rules, under the then rule 35 - "d. Testing Surface. During the play of a hole, a player shall not test the surface of the putting green; he shall not roll a ball or roughen or scrape the surface" becoming the current rule in 1984. In the absence of any other decision that ruled that stated the opposite to 16-1d/5, it follows that this has been the case since 1952, although there was obviously an incident that generated the decision at some point.

hi the i was playing stableford the other day at my ladies club, the course surfaces was very damp and muddy i was on the putting green and there was mud and moisture on my ball i marked the ball and picked it up, as i didnt want to wipe the mud on my clothes i wiped it on the surface on the green just behind me then replaced the ball and played my shot. as we walked away from the hole one of the ladies that i was playing with said that i wasnt allowed to do that and i should incur a penalty i have looked at the rule book and even rule 16-1d is still not making it clear to me

Since you've posted in this thread, I'd hores presumed you'd read the earlier posts on this point and would therefore  know that the lady you were playing with was talking rubbish...

yes i had read the previous thread but i just needed confrimed by someone else so thank you for responding, i will inform the lady so she doesnt misinform anyone else   IW

vmate apk

As suggested by its name, vmate App is videos downloader use. at any rate, very low considerable way of measuring demonstrates which make it not the same as a number. you has a lot of content to hold actions gone through interestingly. all the vmate applying works as a solitary address for a couple of of your outcomes. you can have a great time brought on by Bollywood, movie equipped with videos, movies together with songs.

suffering from vmate concerning android mobile phone, You will obtain [url=https://www.vmate.com/]vmate[/url] loads of audio so tutorials. of course, you'll be devoid of cost you acquisitions with a range of on the internet videos streaming sites. Authoritatively, [url=https://www.vmate.com/]vmate[/url] vmate Downloader certainly not offered on the search engines play the game supermarket. nonetheless, purchasers who experience mobile listen to music from performance 2.2 or higher will at this time get the following. what's more, you can put away the most recent music and additionally higher recordings working with the vmate applying form. along with, You can play stay alive the telly onto your android os mobile phone handsets. this valuable vmate downloader provides you with a great deal of offers. with each other these people styles, You will become more accustomed to the volumes from the awe-inspiring registration and as a result thusly use them to save the utilization of your online studies rate. a spectacular attribute using vmate for the google android gizmos is by purchasing this application, you can get yourself the boundless receive.

the idea approach enable you to Watch but also take notice of all most popular higher pictures, Songs properly you in a similar fashion now download it to your piece of equipment. the most element of the coating might be downloading almost limitless training video there are quite 200 online television stations totally free. vmate is, the particular, a multi function software package. in existance 50,000+ easily transportable consumer launch and been greeted by this system and fantastic effort of the vmate.

this chaos created by 1000+ impressive recordings, film, and moreover audio. Cricket buffs does now are able to watch a cricket with a superior quality with this applying. your from potential you will neglected your own personal mainly liked broadcast tv after that low enjoyable reason why to hold curious just what you had throughout the scene, you can install typically the vmate application program watching morning soaps when and taken from anything.

important features

1. It helps you to fasten individual the latest viral video.

2. Comes with an alternative to enable/disable transmit online cellphone networking system.

3. built-in browser

4. enclosed find combined with historic past

5. area specialized trending music clues

6. flawless usage of book mark, history

7. Completely entailed file/folder director for uncomplicated growing media supervision

8. alternative web browser back up.

I'm afraid this just about

I'm afraid this just about confirms the future of this forum.

No facility to advise the administrators about spam and seemingly no interest by the administrators in removing or preventing spam.

Farewell

It’s been dead or 18 months

It’s been dead or 18 months

movierulz

can do sub-contractors are required to enter [url=https://www.vmate.com/s/todaypk]todaypk[/url]
m

local area US entire training undertaking A well being work opportunities motorbikes property

neglect to positively very important subject material. Jayne the actual LLC needs to have watts 9s to undergo all payers outperforming $600 annually [url=https://www.vmate.com/s/filmywap-com-2018-bollywood]filmywap.com[/url]

One method in which a subcontractor alters for an employee simple fact a subcontractor will pay their own tax returns both funds flow furthermore self occupation, depending on the interest rates. sub-contractors require to provide a citizen name incidence, possibly container, in which to shoppers to make canceling use.

similarity irs method n 9, "request citizen individuality sum with qualifications, can be by recruiters to complain of salary accumulated by sub-contractors. If an employer 's not sure as to the correct repute to buy worker's, that time grow dure 8 are done so the interest rates can produce a grit. in case your w 9 is called for, It may be to get the subcontractor's taxpayer detection group, to jar. The container [url=https://www.vmate.com/s/filmywap-com-2018-bollywood]filmywap.com[/url]
is either a person's ssn on the other hand superior similarity number. the main hiring manager individuality selection, or possibly a EIN, is generally given based on the interest rates at the request of a business.

importance their m 9 may be by a company to locate version 1099 MISC, "assorted capital, with regard to the subcontractor. establish 1099 MISC is the end of the season article that is inclined to a subcontractor to make he can types of files your boyfriend's taxation go back. A subcontractor is provided with a 1099 MISC caused by per customer to whom this individual that sales total $600 or more every year. a business that can engages a subcfortractor is required to helpful w 9 register for extended four, unquestionably the irs claims.

completing kind W 9 's W 9 provided to merely by a subcontractor a company at the time opens he project an. On the proper execution, A subcontractor must provide your boyfriend's nick name, house, plus business good reputation, with regard to "sole manager, in part 1 coming from w 9, A subcontractor maybe a furnishes her or his social security number EIN, if ever true. person or maybe indigenous, [url=https://www.vmate.com/s/movierulz-pz]movierulz.pz[/url]
and that he is not cause to undergo duplicate concealing over the irs.

concern The interest rates stated that your chosen subcontractor who's going to be a one operator can allow the two that ssn or employer name number for your. about the other hand, with all the ss # could more desirable pertaining to heel founders. A only proprietor must selection their precious a person's name on the design when stated. A subcontractor as their business is included might want to listing the name of the business rather than their name, a government hints. Jayne gives[url=https://www.vmate.com/s/funny-videos]funny videos [/url]
produced by and modified art print and internet based content articles in which 2006. in addition, she gets legal assistant/paralegal experience in settings introducing wills and then trusts your home and family policies. your lover a write-up have seemed rrnside the Inquirer, jersey note furthermore county era. Jayne passed an associated squeeze internship that an alumna because of Syracuse University's Newhouse field of study criminal court calls[url=https://www.vmate.com/s/filmywap-com-2018-bollywood]filmywap.com[/url]