A great morning

10 posts / 0 new
A great morning
My season started this morning. What with the weather and being away, this was my first full game of 2011. Well it was pretty cold; we were on temporary tees and some winter greens; we are still playing off fairway mats; my hip was hurting. So plenty to moan about. But no - the sun was shining, there was little wind, I was playing well, I won 50p, it all felt good (well apart from the hip) and my pint of Belhaven Best afterwards tasted great. And It occurred to me that on this occasion, I and my two companions were better golfers than Tiger Woods. Yep, that's what I said, better golfers than Tiger Woods. ........ .... not one of us spat even once in the entire round

niblick wrote (see)

my pint of Belhaven Best afterwards tasted great.

Was interested till i got to that line.If that was my best i wouldn`t bother. Deuchars all the way.

I'm with you on that. Deuchars would be the pint of my choice too, but my club doesn't stock it.

We have to make do with McEwans Export - uuuggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

I tried (in Wetherspoons) what turned out to be tasty pint of a Norfolk beer called "Coyote". If you like Deuchars IPA, you will probably like this one as well.

Also, if you like porter, try Sulwath's "The Black Galloway".

niblick wrote (see)

I'm with you on that. Deuchars would be the pint of my choice too, but my club doesn't stock it.

Although Best isn't the best pint on offer at Baberton - it's the dfraft San Miguel 

Presumably you were also better than Woods in other departments, unless you chanced upon a willing young lady in the course of your round?

Had I chanced upon a willing young lady, I doubt if I could have bettered Woods in that department at my age

Well it was deuchars in Largs on Mon.Deuchars in Oban last nt.Tonight i`m near Gleneagles and its Bellhavens Six nations handpull. so so.Edinburgh tomorrow nt loadsa good ale.Back home to Lancs Fri n Timmy Taylors Landlord.

WellI believe you are even though I haven't met you in person yet but somehow I believe you are. Anyone can be better than the Tiger indeed.