Aberdeen

7 posts / 0 new
Aberdeen

Hiya.  I am travelling to Aberdeen this week and may have an afternoon free.  Can anybody recommend a decent, not too expensive, course in the area I can try out.

Thanks.

Murcar,right next door to Royal Aberdeen, share the same strip of land..  In fact more than a few have ended up on the wrong course halfway round.Peterheeeeeid,quite a plain first few but then develops into one of the best links I've played on the Aberdeenshire coast.Cruden Bay, quite a bit more expensive unless one of the posters is willing to sign you in.

If you want old school charm without the expense of the big names, Murcar is indeed your best bet.

Again, I thought Cruden Bay was super!

Well, thanks for the recommendation.  I will  be posting a review but today the weather was great, with only a slight breeze.  The course was in good condition with the greens quite fast.  They have their centenary next year so it looks like they are doing some work to get it ready for then.  At "only" 5800 yards it's not a long course but then again there are a lot of holes you wouldn't necessarily want to use your driver anyway.  Lots of blind shots and a course which requires a little more thought.  All in all, a good day. 

which course did you play?

Oops, sorry.  Murcar.

Shot 5-under there on my first outing , I blame the wind!