Advice needed for Dublin trip!

5 posts / 0 new
Advice needed for Dublin trip!
so, 4 of us are planning a long weekend trip to Dublin, ideally with 3 or 4 rounds of golf and staying for 3 nights. We definately want to play one of the big name courses, like the K club but also play some other good courses, ideally a mix of links and parkland. What time of year is good to start thinking about going over to Ireland for a golfing trip? We were thinking possibly late march early April?

I've been onto golfbreaks.co.uk but what other travel companies would you recommend for a tailor made and cheap holiday?

Many thanks for any advice!

You can't get much better than golfbreaks.co.uk Mikael. We have used them a number of times.As for courses around Dublin, I would recommend Druids Glen and Powerscourt, especially the former. Druids Glen now has 2 courses but the original is the best - designed with all the top holes in golf in mind.By the way I have also played the K Club - they make you play off the yellows which are 100 yards forward and take all the good bits out of the holes - not recommended.

another question: out of all the courses in and around Dublin, which 3 are must plays???thinking about:1 - druids glen2 - Citywest championship3 - St. Margaretsbut we might swap one of them for a links course like the island or portmarnock.

Perfectly manicured as they are, if you're hitting Dublin in March or near there, you really should give the links courses a go rather than the hugely expensive K, Druids or Ireland PGA etc.I run tailored trips for golfers (although you really should do it yourself) and the Dublin itinerary ALWAYS includes The European, just South of Dublin, The Island just North and County Louth, also known as Baltray.Other than that, of those you mention, Citywest Championship is great value and the hotel is excellent.Good luck, you'll want to go back again and again.

Carton House - its a must!!!!