Advice on Belek golf holidays

17 posts / 0 new
Advice on Belek golf holidays

Looking to book our annual 4 ball golf holiday for Oct/Nov 2010, narrowed the search down to Belek in Turkey but need some help, do I go for all inclusive, half board or b&b, what's best.

I've found compaines who offer golf holidays in Turkey, but they seem to offer accomadation and golf, but not flights, does any one know of a company who offers the full package at a reasonable price, budget is around £500 to 600 each.

hi peter we went to belek in april as a group. great courses, wemt all inclusive very good. recommend to all, stayed at ic santai

Belek is the best place in Turkey to play golf, and most of the hotels in the area are all-inclusive.  However bear in mind that most of the hotels in Belek are heavily populated by Russians so be prepared for the entertainment to be in Russian and much pushing in and rudeness at the bars and at mealtimes

Belek is a great area for a golf holiday, there are plenty of championship courses in the area and a number of top quality hotels to stay in.

Try booking at The Cornelia all - inc.I liked it

Bill Goff does Turkey, but its not cheap with him.If you live near a major airport they probably have cheap flights, do the deal with the Golf Promoters and get youself a cheap flight.Bilyana Golf have some good deals.

try golfkings who are part of semple travel.address is as followsNeil Fortune from golfkings.co.uk (nfortune@golfkings.co.uk) i tried several other companies and they were the best.happy to give suggestions on courses etc. if required

howler wrote (see)

try golfkings who are part of semple travel.address is as followsNeil Fortune from golfkings.co.uk (nfortune@golfkings.co.uk) i tried several other companies and they were the best.happy to give suggestions on courses etc. if required

I emailed these guys on Saturday looking for a quote for a party of 8 of us next year and was very surpised (and pleased) to receive a reply from them within 10 minutes! They haven't quoted yet, they are waiting for their 2010 price list to become available, but have promised to contact me as soon as they can. Can't ask for more than that at the moment...If anyone fancies coming along, we are looking at either early May or early June. I have 5 definites so far, handicaps range from 9 up to 16. Would like to get 8 players in total as we prefer playing in fourballs for the banter!We are looking at staying "all inclusive" at the Hotel Gloria and playing 6 rounds throughout the week. Good bunch of lads, like a drink (or two) and a couple of them have stayed at the Gloria before and rate it, and the courses they played, very highly.

..that sounds like and idea...

smufter12,prices jump from the end of april.  sometimes quite considerably.we ran just into may this year and were quite suprised at the differences.it will be hotter in may, but not by much and that is the only difference - other than price.just a thought

howler wrote (see)

smufter12,prices jump from the end of april.  sometimes quite considerably.we ran just into may this year and were quite suprised at the differences.it will be hotter in may, but not by much and that is the only difference - other than price.just a thought

I haven't got a problem with late April. We normally go late May to the Algarve or Spain but with the Inter forum match lined up for that time then April is definitely on the cards.....

I found the courses all in very good nick but, with the exception of the National, all a bit samey... Belek is great for a golf centric trip where you want to relax and eat decent food etc..... Its not a "boys" type golf trip as the nightlife was pretty non existant....I stayed at the Gloria which was a great hotel and resort - I played the National which is a great track, the Gloria New and Sueno both very enjoyable resort courses. The warning I would give is that the place was riddled with German golfers playing off 45...... enough said....

mons1969there's a scary thought.  beach towels on the 1st. tee at every course

howler wrote (see)

just booked 8 of us for next april in belek.

How much did it work out per person Howler?

i've heard that the germans are a nightmare as well. Not just bad, but slooowwwwww and bad. and you have no chance of being let through! 

hopefully there wont be any Panzas parked on the putting green......

smufter12cost is £1059 per person.this includes  --  return flights from glasgow -- club carriage -- all transfers from airport to hotel and back and all golf related journeys -- 5* hotel in single rooms and all inclusive food and drink.    we are playing 6 rounds at  -                                                                                  cornelia, sultan papillion x 2 and carya x2.     these are all top courses and the carya is now on the challenge tour list.  basically, once this is paid then the only costs are for buggies on the day (we don't do walking