Algarve Again!

5 posts / 0 new
Algarve Again!

Wife and I are heading for Alagrve again in 3 weeks.... already booked to play San Lorenzo and Pinheiros Altos as part of our deal.

Anyone got a lead on playing Monte Rei without a remortgage?

I played Monte Rei a few weeks ago and was very impressed. I do appreciate it is slightly more than other courses in the Algarve but the quality of service, setting and course make it worth it in my opinion.Although you won't be able to take advantage, they are planning on offering some stay and play packages using their villas from August onwards which will make Monte Rei a fantastic value option for the Algarve.

I've played Monte Rei a few times now and agree it is worth the money, albeit I have the benefit of visiting with a member so "only" have to stump up 90 Euros!Granted the Algarve has been wet this winter (the wettest for 30 years I'm told), but Monte Rei seems to take it quite well as it has excellent drainage. When we played last year it was in the midst of some horrendous weather and the only issue was buggies, which had to keep to paths. The course itself was fine.This year we played twice, a week after downpours, and had no dramas at all - the course was in excellent nick.

Oliver Gunning wrote (see)

Although you won't be able to take advantage, they are planning on offering some stay and play packages using their villas from August onwards which will make Monte Rei a fantastic value option for the Algarve.

I don't think that's an option which is going to be particularly cheap though - they are all luxury properties costing well in excess of 2 million Euros to buy, so the rental is likely to be astronomical. 

Try www.golfdelaluz.com on 0800 011 2520 - they have rounds at Monte rei for only £132pp including the full MR experience!Cheers.