algarve golf...

6 posts / 0 new
algarve golf...

hi guys, off to the algarve soon and starting to wish i'd checked the golf prices before i booked ! i'm actually staying in a development on quinta do lago but at over €100 a round the View From the pool may be as much as i see of the course...

any advice from anyone on actually getting some affordable golf - either cheaper  courses of a decent standard or is it possible to negotiate better deals locally, i'll be playing on my own and flexible with tee times if that would help.

cheers

Try Boavista in Lagos. If you play in the afternoon (after 3 I think) it's a lot cheaper and the course is always in excellent condition. Also try this site http://www.justteetimes.com/teetimes/area/Algarve

Bloomin long drive from Q d L to Lagos!  Pinheiros Altos or  Vale do Lobo (either course ) worth playing and v close to where you are staying.  Their advertised rate is high but have deals on and some sites like the one above, esp if you play in the afternoon.  (check sun set times!) I used to go to Quinta do Lago and find 30 + players queing on the tee.  Went there last year...not a soul in sight.  (everyone gone to Turkey?)  I think haggling over a price will pay dividends if you find it quiet.  The green fee rates go up in October on many courses - the best way to play Algarve now is to get green fee in a package with accommodation. playing 3 rounds at San Lorenzo in May....£60 per day (inc B&B and green fees ) staying a Dona Filipa hotel.... good value!

thanks for the info guys - that'll teach me to ask the important questions after i've booked the holiday wont it !! as ian suggests, i'll have to treat it as a test of my negotiating powers (think i ended up getting married last time i tried that so the omens aren't good !)

Penina also do post 3pm deals and is a great course (in my opinion!) Just a pity my game wasn't up to it when I was last there!

Boavista is less tha 1 hour up the motorway and in my opinion well worth a visit   assuming you have hired a car