Calling all Scottish club members

33 posts / 0 new
Calling all Scottish club members

The man who is Sham will soon be in town and is on the hunt for a game.

This truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity to play with the Legend that is (trust me, once you've played with him once, that'll be it ).

Surely there's somebody available to provide Sir Sham a chance to tee it up on one of Scotlands finest.

If all else fails, maybe he'll just have to ask Mr Trump if he knows of a decent track.

I'm confident GM won't fail to deliver. Maybe CS would like to accomodate? 

When is this opportunity of a lifetime?

Sunday the 16th I believe.

I'm sure the Grand Master will be along soon with more info.

I've just taken the liberty of starting this thread, as it's the least I can do after my miserable performance in our last partnership!

Where and when will the Grand Master be in town?  Have heard that the Auchtershoogle highland games are on that day and they are looking for someone to open the new village toilets.  They got lottery funding to put a roof over the wall that had been used previously.

A roof over the wa?  My, fit posh. Not around on the 16th, I'm afraid.

Now now Ken 

Sham 24.9 wrote (see)

that leaves me with Sunday the 16th or the Monday the 17th to play a round, that was until I saw the price you guys have to pay for a round  Eeeeeeek!  

There are fine courses not far from Perth  within your £40 budget, Sham, if noone can host you (I'm away as I said, or you would have been welcome ). Strathmore; Crieff; Alyth; Kinross; King James VI (in Perth itself) ....... I am sure others can suggest more but I hope you find someone to host you.      

Ha ha, love the last sentence!

Quality.

Sham's obviously!

Could we make this a pseudo SJB outing........ Sham - happy to travel down to Perth area - Strathmore and Alyth both about 40 minutes away.  There is St James on the island in Perth itself....absolutely no hills there and only £28.  Mind you think Strathmore and Alyth are better.  Strathmore (£38) and Alyth (£30) but we could see if we could get a 2 for 1 on either.

I'm supposed to be playing in a medal on the Saturday so 2 days golfing would never happen! Might cancel the medal though as this sounds fun ...

Strathmore do a 2for1 so cost would be around £22 if two playing and Strathmore is an interesting course.  Alyth don't do a 2for1 and just realised it's £40 in September.

Strathmore is 60 miles for me so a bit too far. If its King James IV and we can make a 4 ball I'd cancel the medal. Ian Campbell the 2nd could maybe get in on a wee car share with me We could play at mine (Braehead) but nice to get away. Crieff is a nice course too.

Morning Guys, sorry I wasn't around last night as I had a few problems to sort. What you have suggested sounds Great and I will fall in with what you guys want to do, no matter what time you choose I will be there, the more the merrier I say, besides you may not notice my duffs if there's others to watch  All I need are Directions.

I have a dilemma. Can only play one day next weekend. Played the 1st round of a 36 holer today and shot nett 67. Round 2 next Saturday - in it to win it! This sounded good too! No!!!

Its ok mate, I understand, you go for it. 

If Ken, Iain etc can't make it and it's just you (and the wife in the car of course) I'll be there! Won't see you stranded!

Ok.....so what's the plan for the 16th and who can meet the leg end? St James in Perth or Strathmore? Ken

As I said Ken, I will fall in with what you want and I will be there, all I need are directions and the Tee Time. 

Hello ?, Hellooooo Ken , are we still on for Sunday ? 

Sham.....just away on business at the mo but whayt about St James in Perth say around 1pm for a tee off time.  Wife tells me there is a voucher in the local paper, the Pish and Wind, that gives a round at St James for £12.  No restrictions.  I will get her to buy another paper and hence will give us two vouchers. Anyone else want to play? Does that work for you. Means SWMBO can stay at the hotel and go shopping.

That will be fine Ken, I will see you there on Sunday in time for a 1 pm tee off time, see ya there mate.,look out for a volkswagan touran and a fat bloke with a flat cap (Sham: Never a good idea to put your mobile number online. But took it off and hope no one noticed! Glad you all had a great day. ED)

Sham 25.......booked for 1.28pm on Sunday.  I have vouchers that wil get us on for £12 each.  Ken Anyone else want to play...just turn up and play.

I have met the Sham.......... I will now retire gracefully from Golf Magic as I have done it all....    Played at King James VI course in Perth.  Good course but getting to and from it via a pathway along a railway bridge is a pain.  Never the less a great day was had by the two of us.  Sham nearly required exemption from the Shamblers club but he redeemed himself on the back 9.

Well in Ken for your efforts in accommodating the Boss. Like I said, a truly once in a lifetime experience!    

Sham 25 wrote (see)

That will be fine Ken, I will see you there on Sunday in time for a 1 pm tee off time, see ya there mate.,look out for a volkswagan touran and a fat bloke with a flat cap (Sham: Never a good idea to put your mobile number online. But took it off and hope no one noticed! Glad you all had a great day. ED)

Thank you

Thanks ED And a Very Big Thanks to Ken, had a great time and I owe you one Ken. 

My pleasure mate. Enjoyed the day immensly and you secret is safe with me.

Well yours is not, a Gross 74 is real Bandit territory. 

....just been cut to 9.5 by my home club after that display.

"Miss Whiplash gets her teeth in to you" .....unsure if that is a good thing or a bad thing....... Ken