Can any one help!

12 posts / 0 new
Can any one help!
I'm off to Jersey for a few days in August and was wondering if any one knew what the courses are like, and do I need an official handicap? Your help would be much appreciated. Trickie.

I played both La Moye and Royal Jersey on my own in the Autumn and loved both - sensational views.Both were about 50 quid, and neither asked me for my handicap certificate. Just ring up and they will give you a general time to turn up and play. Both times i ended up joining up with local golfers which always adds to the experience.Also, both have beautiful club houses and food so give yourself some time to enjoy the facilities.

Hi DanThanks for the help, I look forward to playing both the courses.Les Mielles has also been recommended, Can't wait until we go!Trickie

Trickie,I havent played Les Mielles ('the marshes', so dont expect lots of high ground !) yet, but have driven past it many times and it looks fun - lots of water filled ditches. not in the same league as La Moye or Royal Jersey though.should be playing it in the next couple of weeks, so if i remember i will let you know !also, I am planning on taking the boat over and playing Royal Guernsey which is supposed to be a lovely old style links.PS both Harry Vardon and Ted Ray were born in Grouville (where Royal Jersey is), so set some time aside for exploring their collection of vintage clubs and photographs. and if you find a brand new NXT on the beach at the first, could you please forward it to me ?

Update...played Les Mielles yesterday, and really the land is too small for 18 holes, the course is about 5500 yards but a lot of the greens are close to tees, and some of the holes almost bend back on themselves in order to be accommodated. lots of water and out of bounds.greens were in fairly good nick.25 pounds weekday, quite expensive for what felt at times like not quite a 'real' golf course.I would certainly rather play La Moye or Royal Jersey once than Les Mielles twice.

Trickie I have just been on Thompsons budget flights and if you go from Coventry you can get flights as cheap as

nice thing about flybe and jersey airport, due to the number of people coming through with clubs they are very golf bag friendly.

Hi DanMy golfing buddy and my self will only have time for 2 rounds as we are taking our better halves with us.I quite fancy La Moye and the Royal jersey,but we still have to work on our handicap certificates.Can't wait until we go all the sun, sea, golf and more golf! CiderI won't tell you what we paid! but we could have got a couple of the new callaway woods each!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry late again.

Trickie.As I said, they didnt check my handicap certificate, so as long as you are correctly attired and confident in yourselves, shouldnt be a problem.dan

DanSo no string vests and knoted hankies then!Trickie

TrickieI would recommend not, no !As always with these things, the "handicap certificate required" thing is usually a bluff. St Enodoc and the Algarve are the only places where I have actually had my handicap checked. Easy enough to produce one of your own of course...As long as you are fairly smartly dressed, have golf shoes and clothes, and have a club (and hcap sometimes - put 18 !) that you are ready to put down on the visitors book you will be fine.You might want to check with Royal Jersey and La Moye that visitors will be allowed on those days - they are pretty busy and have lots of comps.dan