Gran Canaria

3 posts / 0 new
Gran Canaria

Considering a trip next March and looking at accomodation next to Maspalomas, i`ve read on the net that the course requires a handicap certificate of "30" (???) also restrictions on when you can play, will a certificate be neccessary and is it as selective as it sounds? It also seems quite pricey, are discounts available through the hotel? Any advice/thoughts appreciated, thanks. 

Not played in Gran Canaria, but we were supposed to have a certificate when playing in Tenerife, we just phoned up before hand and the club were happy for us to come along, had to take a few shots in front of one of the Pro's and they were happy wew weren't going to rip the course to shreds. I seem to recall the '30' handicap was explained to us in tenerfie and is due to a lot of the europeans (i.e. Germans!) being able to have handicaps up to 56 at some of their clubs, not sure how true that is though.........

I played Maspalomas several years ago.  From memory it was pretty ordinary and not in great nick.  But, can't comment about how it is now!Several new courses were being built.  The island isnt a place I'd hurry back to either, but I bet the weather is good, so I would mind being there today!AND any game is better than no game on holiday!