How to put the tee in Tunisia!

4 posts / 0 new
How to put the tee in Tunisia!

My experience of Tunisia, incidentally, is of uncluttered, well-maintained courses played among olive trees, off-peak out of the glare of the mid-day sun. Evenings spent chatting over a glass of wine after meals of lamb cous-cous and exotic fruits. Luvverly...though it was 10 years ago!

Any plans for a golf holiday this year or next in view of the current financial crisis, that seems to be hitting most airlines and travel companies?  ED

Why, yes - I'm off to Spain in May for a few days golf (first golf trip outside UK & Ireland), taking in Girona and PGA Catalunya amongst others. I just hope I still have a job by then

Certainly hope the pound recovers a bit by next spring, otherwise I can see a few courses down here in Spain going to the wall.  Although the Germans seem to have increased in numbers on the local courses this year, so its a good job that the tee times aren't allocated by the ball in the chute method.Luckily for me, a good friend has just moved to South Africa, not far from Durban, so I'm hoping to shoot a few rounds down there next year.

I'm off to Madeira in February. Will be playing at Palheiro, Santo Da Serra and Porto Santo. Can't Wait!