La Manga

4 posts / 0 new
La Manga
Got a trip to La Manga at the end of May and I need to book some tee times. Any recommendations as to which course to go for? Only been playing about 5 months but enjoy a challenge. If anyone else is out there from 29th May let me know as I will be playing with myself, if you know what I mean. Colin

It makes you go blind Colin...:-)

Who said that? ;-0

There are three courses, North, South and Princessa, as I recall. The South, designed by Arnold Palmer Associates, is rated the best, though there are lots of barancas (ditches) to negotiate and a fickle wind. The North has more elevation (tee to fairway and fairway to green) and is a better, shorter test. Both have great finishing holes. The Princessa, was built about ten years ago (Dave Thomas design) up in the hills and is tight, with silly boulders on path edges to stop buggies going on fairways. Only problem, you can trip over them and do yourself damage. Again great finishing hole (tee 100 feet above fairway) overlooking the coast. You really have to try them all Colin but rounds will be slow and you'll need to take plenty of balls. Greens are excellent. Look out for Kenny Dalglish and his mates, who has a bungalow beside the 6th on the South and Nigel Mansell (look at me, aren't I good!) on the practice range. Have fun!