Lanzarote

2 posts / 0 new
Lanzarote
I've just come back from Lanzarote having played 2 rounds on the island's only golf course (nr. Costa Teguise). A nice little course with well manicured fairways and lovely albeit extremely tough greens. A word of warning though. Lanzarote, as you probably know, is a volcanic island and as such if you are careless enough to stray from said manicured fairways you will find yourself on a mixture of volcanic rock and cinder! So, either do what I did and agree with your playing partners to tee your ball up from the cinders (not exactly R&A, I know) or take an old set of irons. One of the guys I played with snapped the head off his Callaway 4 Iron playing off the stones. Doh! Beware...

Lily pad fairways and lava that bounces your ball around like a pin ball machine.Yes, definately a course for 'target' golf and we did exactly the same Andrew, brought the ball back onto the fairway if it was in the ash. I hired the clubs there but couldn't hit the ball out of the black stuff anyway.Also managed to 'lose' a ball in a palm tree - went up into the fronds and never came down.