Maybe Robson was right!

3 posts / 0 new
Maybe Robson was right!

Spent the weekend in Edinburgh, played on Saturday morning, what a absolute pleasure, Robson said in a previous thread (about boots!!) that maybe I should look else where for my golf and after Saturday he may be right.. Firm running fairways, I was able to use my draw without trees gobbling the ball up, Lovely greens, I thought I had the speed on the practise green but the slopes and wind got me and I had 6x3 putts and 2 x 4 putts!! when we finished my white summer shoes were pristine, I noticed no mud or puddles anywhere.. A real pleasure to be out playing OK it was cold with a 25mph wind but whatever, I had forgotten how it was to hit a proper fairway wood off a firm fairway what a joy!! I have had some success with mats but now I hate them, and driving off proper teeing grounds oh! bliss!!! Links players have a real advantage over us parkland jockeys I hope they appreciate it!!

Which No course did you play? I've played 2 and 3 but haven't coughed up the readies to play No 1 yet. Lovely place.

I reckon you may mean ROBSTER,  M-t-p Perhaps you now realise why I don't do winter golf. Played in the sun for 4 months now, 3 in Spain and one here in Oz. Have actually bought a pair of shorts for golf and some dinky little sports socks. First time in my life I have ever played in shorts but no one wears trousers, so didn't want to get a rep as a pommie poofter.  Makes a change setting off for the cluyb at 6:30 am having greased up with factor 50 rolled.my underarms with 24 hour sprayed around with some insect repellant