Portugal/Spain

12 posts / 0 new
Portugal/Spain

I go away in the uk every year for weekend with some lads I used to play football with, this year a few of us have decided to go abroad too, however we are going to take out better halves and children to smooth it over

basically does anyone have have any recommendation where to go? I have been looking at various places like las colinas and la finca, but they all seem pretty remote. ultimately our first concern is for somewhere family friendly, ideally close to a decent size town and a beach, secondary comes access to a few golf courses, but primarily we want to keep the girls happy so we can come back again!

any ideas / suggestions welcome 

Thanks, just had a good look on google maps and read the website. Just got a couple more questions.  What golf courses are in the local area. Any particular places worth playing/avoiding? Also how did you book these? how did you book the apartments. Was this direct with the website, I can't see any prices listed. really appreciate the help.

Sorry mtp, my edit and your post crossed over. Does Richard cover accommodation and golf or just the golf?  

Stayed in this place on a work trip last year http://www.vilamarques.com great villa and facilities, night club was a winner for us! Pretty central for all of the oceanico courses as well as pretty easy to get to the marina for the nightlife and then you have albuferia down the coast about 15 - 20 mins down the road... 

Check also the latest addtions and updates of this villa at www.facebook.com/vilamarques  

Hi, check this rugged coast place: Praia D'El Rey Marriott Golf & Beach Resort  - Vale de Janelas, Obidos 2510-451, Portugal  

Played there a few times. Good resort and region. 90 mins north of Lisbon

Hi Gary,
Take a look at my all inclusive golf packages. I also provide packages for mixed groups of golfers/non-golfers.

www.golf-holidays-spain.com

Cheers

stuart

Majorca is a good option, the flight is cheaper and you can fin golf packages from 265 eur. Try at www.holidaysinone.com   enjoy it

Just back from Cabanas which is walking distance from Benamor - greens are terrific at the mo. Castro Marim greens not so. Quinta do Vale was quite a challenge - lotsa water and you will NOT find any wayward shot! Didn't play Cima or Ria this time out but they are worth a visit. For families the beaches are terrific and the area still retains plenty of Portuguese charm. Short hop to Seville for day trip.

BoaVist near Lagos. safe indor and outdoor pools for all. Massages, nails, beauty therapy for Wags, sauna jacuzz, hot room for the boys and ho yeah nearly forgot a great golf course in great condition all year round.

Definitely Majorca, Alcanada has been chosen as the best golf course in Europe,make a look on the following link   https://www.holidaysinone.com/golf-courses-in-mallorca/alcanada-golf-course/