The Life Should Be Go on

1 post / 0 new
The Life Should Be Go on
Life is so hard for Green. What he will do? Give up his life and dream or stand up? Which way will he choose?A horrific auto accident took the lives of his girlfriend and brother and cost Green his right leg.This was only a pro-am Wednesday on the Champions Tour, yet it carried so much uncertainty.Even more beautiful than the flight of his tee shot were the ropes lining both sides of the fairway at the Savannah Harbor Golf Resort, indisputable evidence that Green was back on the stage where some thought he might never return. This leads to his life discount."I do want to have fun and enjoy it," Green said. "Because I don't know how many times I'm going to get the chance to do this again."Green decided to have his lower right leg amputated a week later. It was his only hope of playing golf again."Golf is everything to me," he said. He doesn’t want to give up his loved golf clubs.Three months into learning how to compete with a prosthetic limb that took away so much of his power, Green's 21-year-old son, Hunter, was found dead Jan. 22 in his dorm room at SMU. That is really a big discount of his life. An autopsy revealed a combination of alcohol and prescription drugs.Somehow, he kept moving forward."I don't know how I managed to say, 'OK, I'm going to still keep fighting the fight and go out there and try to play golf,'" Green said. "That's what the Big Guy wants me to do. You do the battle. But it's a tough one. There's a lot of crying moments, trust me."The Legends of Golf is the ideal place to start. It's a better-ball competition over 54 holes, and he has a polar-opposite partner in Mike Reid, famous for being so gracious after a crushing loss in the 1989 PGA Championship.when Reid heard about the accident, he sent Green a text a month later that said, "We can beat most of these teams on three legs, so get your game ready." This gives him hopes. He can take up his golf clubs again.Over the last two months, as Green questioned whether his game was good enough for this level, he suggested Reid find a partner who could help him. Reid would have none of it.

"It's easy to say fellowship is more than important than championship," Reid said.

from discount golf clubs